The £100 Challenge

Plemont

Mulberry collector
O.G.
Jan 11, 2012
I am not for the sofa. And the sofa is not for me. We are not compatible!

So I've set myself a new challenge for 2013. I'm allowed £100 a month to spend on Mulberry. The rules are as follows:

1. A maximum of £100 (not including postage) to be spent on Mulberry every month.
  2. Unspent money can be rolled over to the next month.
  3. Money cannot be borrowed from future months in advance.
  4. Birthday and Christmas presents don't count.

This is, I think, doable, because of my love for Old Bags and bargains! It will also mean that I can still treat myself and don't have to abstain totally.

What do you think ladies? - possible or not?

Plemont said:

So I've set myself a new challenge for 2013. I'm allowed £100 a month to spend on Mulberry. The rules are as follows:

[*]A maximum of £100 (not including postage) to be spent on Mulberry every month.
[*]Unspent money can be rolled over to the next month.
[*]Money cannot be borrowed from future months in advance.
[*]Birthday and Christmas presents don't count.

This is, I think, doable, because of my love for Old Bags and bargains! It will also mean that I can still treat myself and don't have to abstain totally.

I think it is possible. Might want to up to £150 with the increase in prices!

I have decided definitely medium lily and maybe another Bayswater. But I have gone back to just treating myself to a nice dress or shoes or even a watch up to £100 as well and nothing else as I really want to get my new house and have money for extras like wallpaper, nice accessories.

It is hard but I am trying.

1. A maximum of £100 (not including postage) to be spent on Mulberry every month.

What a fab idea Plemont lets see how you get on.
I think you can do it fingers crossed.

Very good plan...and I believe possible, think I might join you!!

I might leap off the sofa and join this initiative instead.

I have my heart set on something in slate and possibly a French purse... So a £100 per month fund would allow this AND stop me going on a spree!

What's the jewellery quota Plemont? :biggrin:

Haha it's funny how you ladies manage to justify falling off the sofa!:roflmfao:

The January Report​

So, how's the £100 challenge going so far?

Number of purchases in January: two
Total spend: £92
Carry-forward for February: £8
Challenge met?: YES

Two beautiful new additions, both private purchases:

• A beautiful pre-loved ginger Darwin concertina purse, fabulous condiditon with softened patina'd leather and structurally perfect
  • A butterfly keyring, in great condition and just right for brightening up my black Mit-y messenger.

I'd say that January was a pretty successful month - two lovely treats, no guilt, and a little underspend :smile: I am a bit worried that the Ginger-love might turn into a bit of an obsession though!

pursebutterfly400.jpg

The January Report​

So, how's the £100 challenge going so far?

Number of purchases in January: two
Total spend: £92
Carry-forward for February: £8
Challenge met?: YES

Two beautiful new additions, both private purchases:

• A beautiful pre-loved ginger Darwin concertina purse, fabulous condiditon with softened patina'd leather and structurally perfect
  • A butterfly keyring, in great condition and just right for brightening up my black Mit-y messenger.

I'd say that January was a pretty successful month - two lovely treats, no guilt, and a little underspend :smile: I am a bit worried that the Ginger-love might turn into a bit of an obsession though!

pursebutterfly400.jpg
very well done Plemont!!!
:smile: