That's it, no more for me!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    After getting my mini glossy goat Lily last year I thought I could really do with a regular Lily. I really wanted a suede lining so preloved was the only way to go.. Here is my new to me Lily ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463681901.474605.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463681921.274630.jpg
    The gold strap is tarnished but I am hoping a bit of effort cleaning it up will work

2. Lovelyclassic..but id contact mulberry and see what they would charge for restoring or replacing the strap tbh

3. Congrats on your lily Izzybet, definitely agree with Elvis about the strap and possibly the postman's lock too. Enjoy!

4. Oh la la. Simply beautiful. Congrats.

5. Congrats! It's a classic for sure. :smile:

6. I missed this, I agree with the others, a new lock and chain and the bag will be like new
    Enjoy using

7. Beautiful, congrats!

8. Thank you all for your comments.
    I have cleaned, colloniled and stuffed the bag and she is looking much better. The chain has had a polish up as well and has lost that awful red tinge, I just need to polish the rest!
    I contacted CS and they advised it would be £85 to replace the strap and £45 for the lock, plus VAT of course. They have a range of pricing, free under a year, another price for 1-2 years and then over 2 years is the prices I have quoted.
    I am gong to use her as is at the moment as the purchase cost plus the repairs would be very close to the cost of a new bag if I got one in one of the 20% off sales.

9. Great classic Izzy, congratulations! Maybe post us some after clean up pics? :smile:

10. Lovely Lily Izzybet!

TBH, you can't really notice a tarnished chain from a distance. And, if investing in a replacement, you'd probably then be inclined to baby her a bit to avoid tarnishing again.

I'd agree with you, just enjoy her as she is - all day, every day!!!

11. Thank you I am going to use her and take care of her but not worry about having to baby her.

12. Beautiful classic lily, nice to have a bag you don't feel you have to baby either.

13. Hi Izzybet what did you use to polish chain? I've a lily with a tarnished chain, just wandering what to use on it?
    thanks in advance for your advice x

14. loopylou2210

Aug 16, 2015

75 Posts
    Hi Izzybet what did you use to polish chain? I've a lily with a tarnished chain, just wandering what to use on it?
    thanks in advance for your advice x

15. Hi I used one of those jewellery polishing cloths, the chain came up better it lost a little of the redness.
    I sold the bag on as I had never used her and not even looked to use her. I might have a picture of the cleaned up chain ....