That Time Of Year - What is Your Fall/Winter 13/14 Coat Plans

Yes, I was thinking of getting one of the two Canada Goose parkas, since the Burberry is probably just not warm enough. But the Whistler ended up being too long - it goes past the knees, and the Trillium was nice - slim cut and not too long or too short.

But after trying it, I opted for the Parajumper Long Bear Coat - seemed to have a good combo of practicality and style. It's also a bit more slimming than the Canada Goose.
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...inkshareID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-MIRooNPB6S5RbI3_MRjiVg

The link will not work for me sadly.

I have 2 Joseph shearlings/sheepskins and live in them. I hope you can snag it for less too. I also grabbed mine in the sales and although still a lot of money and made me doubt my sanity (I have plenty of sheepskins) I have more wear out of both of them than my money's worth so I'm happy, I practically lived in my black last Winter.

:flowers: I really value your advice papertiger - we live in a completely different climate so I definitely need some guidance from an experienced cold-weather tPFer :biggrin: :yes:

I will definitely continue stalking it so hopefully can get it for a good price :sweatdrop:

Joseph do very nice shearlings. I like this one - good luck.

Thanks - I'll need it! :biggrin:

My fall/winter 2013-2014 coats will be the same as my fall/winter 2012-2013 coats.
The North Face Metropolis Parka
J Crew Metro Coat
Burberry Wool Trench

I'm returning my North Face jacket as I'm not too keen on the hood, it is HUGE and it looks funny weather you have it on or not and it is not detachable. Back on the hunt for a puffer!

Well we're about to go into summer in the southern hemisphere, but I am taking a trip to Chicago for work next year in November so I plan to get this shearling coat by Joseph - hopefully I can snag it on sale :biggrin: :tup:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/373494

I'm not sure you will need such a heavy duty coat here in November. Although it's hard to predict weather in any given year (and ours is notoriously changeable due to the lake ) I typically wear a wool or cashmere coat at that time of year with a sweater underneath and boots, gloves , scarf and hat as needed. Unless you really want the shearling for other reasons and will wear it where you live , I would suggest looking more at coats by Max Mara, Cinzia Rocca, etc. and make sure you have a few cashmere sweaters. Not sure what your plans are , but if you will be walking around a lot I would also suggest pants v dresses and would highly recommend a hat and gloves. It can be as cold as 20s F or as warm as 50s F at that time of year, and though we don't usually have a lot of snow until January, you just never know. Hope that helps.