That Time Of Year - What is Your Fall/Winter 13/14 Coat Plans

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!

1. I heard Canada Goose is a great brand! I was thinking of getting a Moncler from Ebay - I didn't want to pay retail - but instead I bought a North Face down jacket from Marshalls for $200 and also a Burberry wool toggle coat from Ebay for just over $400. I almost bought a toggle coat from Zara that closely resembled the Burberry but I know I wouldn't be 100% happy with it. I'm all set for coats this winter-I always seem to buy at least 2 winter coats a year. I have a few nice ones I've kept from the past and the rest I consigned as I'm trying to whittle down my closets to a point where everything will go into higher rotation.

2. #3 Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

3. I vote for numbers 1 and 2 - I cannot decide between those two

4. I just want another mackage coat. A longer puffer is all!

5. I've got my trusty Moncler and North Face parkas that I've used for years, however I recently bought a Canada Goose parka that I can't wait to use.

6. Well we're about to go into summer in the southern hemisphere, but I am taking a trip to Chicago for work next year in November so I plan to get this shearling coat by Joseph - hopefully I can snag it on sale :biggrin: :tup:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/373494

7. #8 Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Yes, I was thinking of getting one of the two Canada Goose parkas, since the Burberry is probably just not warm enough. But the Whistler ended up being too long - it goes past the knees, and the Trillium was nice - slim cut and not too long or too short.

But after trying it, I opted for the Parajumper Long Bear Coat - seemed to have a good combo of practicality and style. It's also a bit more slimming than the Canada Goose.
    http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/parajumpers-long-bear-down-coat-with-fur-hood?ID=704008&PartnerID=LINKSHAREUK&cm_mmc=LINKSHAREUK-_-n-_-n-_-n&LinkshareID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-MIRooNPB6S5RbI3_MRjiVg

8. Beautiful coat! Even better if you manage to get it on sale. :smile:

9. Yes :biggrin: I'm hoping I can snag it, but have to wait and see...it's a lot of money on a coat but I'd ideally like to be incredibly warm AND stylish :yes: :P

10. I've just been going over options myself.
    I can't quite commit to another investment piece so I opted for 2 Zara options. (Last year I bought a Moncler parka and a long black Burberry funnel neck coat.)

I went for mid length to wear to/from gym and running errands....I'm just hoping the belted coat is reasonably soft....

Attached Files:

11. Not sure why both did not upload....belted coat photo....

Attached Files:

12. Zara ones are quite sexy i find!

I just wish they made a male versions of their mid length belted women's versions, as id buy one. They would be making a more affordable version of a Peuterey one i like as its smart and functional. Where my Canada Goose is more functional.

13. I have 2 Joseph shearlings/sheepskins and live in them. I hope you can snag it for less too. I also grabbed mine in the sales and although still a lot of money and made me doubt my sanity (I have plenty of sheepskins) I have more wear out of both of them than my money's worth so I'm happy, I practically lived in my black last Winter.

Beautiful coat

14. I'm just wearing what I have already, that goes for boots too. I couldn't do better than I have already :smile: