Food THANKSGIVING - please share your veggie/side dishes!

For sides.....we usually have mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoe casserole and stuffing...oh and dinner rolls. (mmmm..now I'm so craving good home cooking)

OMG, I LOVE Thanksgiving and my 11 year old says it's his FAVORITE holiday because he loves the food so much! LOL

Here are my side dishes this year (and most years), just bigger this year since we are having over 12 people to serve.

Green beans with lemon and almonds
Brussell sprouts with tarragon
Cranberry Pear Chutney
Scalloped Corn
Pomegranate seeds with sauted small onions
Whipped sweet potatoes with nutmeg
Mesclun salad with a ginger dressing with chopped dates and goat cheese

Other sides: Winter squash rolls, Cranberry and Ginger Cornbread stuffing, Gingered pumpkin soup with apples and cinnamon, Herb Roasted turkey with gravy

Desserts: Autumn Trife, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Chocolate Tart, homemade ice cream

Everything is from scratch. I can't STAND store- bought foods, especially for holidays!

I make stuffed mushrooms-they are my favorite! Half the family loves them-the other half think mushrooms in general are gross and just won't eat them-LOL!

From scratch, of course:

Sides
Green beans
Macaroni and cheese
Cornbread dressing (we don't eat traditional stuffing...)
Sweet potatoes
Dirty rice
Peas and carrots

Dessert
Pecan Pie
Sweet Potatoe Pie
Sock-it-to-Me Cake

If we have turkey....it has to be fried cajun style! Otherwise, we'll have some other meat...

Side Dishes:
- Mashed potato
- Sweet potato
- Baked mac and cheese
- Green bean casserole

Desert:
- Pumpkin pie, apple pie, cheesecake

Nishi can you share your recipe for stuffed mushrooms. I absolutely love mushrooms!

sweet potatoe puree with brown sugar and pecans,
carmalized shallots with lemon aspargus,
brussels sprouts,
creamed corn baked, its actually yummy.
Cranberry Chutney
DESSERT:
Pumpkin Gingerbread trifle. yummy! and SOOO EASY!!

I know last year we had a lot of new things. From what I remember we had mashed potatoes, string beans, sweet potato casserole, acorn squash, broccoli quiche, chestnut stuffing, sausage stuffing, shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms. Before this we have the usual Italian antipasto (different cheeses, meats, breads, etc.) and for dessert we usually have Apple Brown Betty (Which my sister will usually make, YUM!), and Italian pastries.

Very traditional here:

Turkey
Cornbread dressing
Greenbean casserole
Sweetpotato casserole
Mashed potatos
Mac n cheese (so much better homemade!)
Cranberry sauce
Gravy

Desserts:

Pecan pie
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie

wow- it's carb city! LOL Oh well it's one day a year!

we always have roasted garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans (hate green bean casserole, the kind with the fried onions on top... ick!) fresh baked bread or rolls, and some kind of yams... last year we also had acorn sqaush, baked and stuffed with cinnimon apples... home made by my brother in law and very, very good.

we have... (keep in mind this is for almost 30 people!!!!!!!)

Stuffing with Apples, Onions and Celery.. YUM!

Candied Yams... Covered with Brown Sugar, Butter and Marshmallows

Corn Casserole.. Made with Cornbread, Corn, butter.. VERY Yummy

Traditional Green Bean Casserole

Deviled Eggs

Sausage and Cheese Balls

Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

We always have Pecan Pie and Pumpkin pie and homemade banana pudding.. sometimes I make a peach cobbler!

We always have to have shrimp dip and other munchies before.

Sides:
Apple/sausage stuffing
mashed potatoes and gravy
green beans, italian style (with bacon, garlic and olive oil)
Butternut squash
pearle onions
rolls

It's just my mom and I and we aren't really big eaters. We usually make cornish hens and 2 sides. Last year we tried some new ones and they were great! I think this year we're going to make stuffing- I've never had it. I know, a 22 year old stuffing virgin!

* mushroom, spinach, and cheese bake
*Cauliflower gratin

Does anyone have an over-the-top gravy recipe? That is my all time favorite thing, and we always cheat using William Sonoma gravy base and it just isn't the same!