Thank you, ladies.

ayme

Apr 26, 2008
I have read countless threads about innocent people continually being scammed. I was going to continue browsing and using Ebay and purchasing goods through PayPal regardless, as I figured after reading thread after thread, I would be on guard and know better.

Well, for me, knowing better means I am forever done with Ebay and PayPal. I cannot stand seeing my fellow PFers at their breaking point, feeling trapped and overwhelmed with panic. There are too many of these threads; good people victims of the evil people in the world who will stop at nothing for personal gain. To all those who have been scammed, I am so very sorry this has happened to you and I really wish I could have done something to help.

Getting a good deal on something is not worth the risk, in my opinion. From now on if I want something, I will simply purchase from the boutique. I might consider something like AFF, but at this point I do not even care! I will just pay the guarantee tax :P

ladyisobel

Sarah
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Devon UK
well, we do see all the nasty stuff on here, but remember there are millions of transactions going through that have no trouble at all .

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Stick around. Ebay isn't all that bad. Just ask for opinions in advance if you have any concerns.

Lovely4

Apr 28, 2008
^^Yes, there a lot of wonderful sellers on *bay.
I do both. Buy from *bay and boutiques (depends on the item) and I am cautious. Good luck.

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Dovunque voglia andare
I have learned from this forum that perhaps we shouldn't purchase designer goods on eBay, but hard-to-find items instead. Which is what I intend on using it for.

You're right. Unfortunately, this forum is a bubble to what is going on on eBay. Meaning we see the bad ONLY, not necessarily the good. I know there are a few people who like to post good experiences on eBay, however, I believe they easily and quickly get overlooked. By nature, we as human beings tend to thrive on the negative—not meaning that we WANT people to get scammed, on the contrary, it's like driving past a car accident. You just have to look!

That all being said, remember, there are millions of transactions on eBay everyday that go well. Fortunately for me, I have been buying & selling on eBay (designers bags and all) since 2001, and I have never had a scary transaction like what is continuously mentioned in here—seriously knocking on wood here. :noggin:

Don't fret. You never know. Good things CAN happen.