Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...

Purse-Ooooh

My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
Feb 5, 2007
As I'm sure most of you (at least those lurking in the Bal section) already know, I lost my dh on March 8th to pancreatic cancer. He had just turned 50 in November. He fought harder than anyone could have. So, here I am, 43 years old with 3 teenagers and feeling so completely lost. Although me and my kids are overwhelmed with grief, we are also overwhelmed with the outpouring of concern, cards, prayers, gifts, flowers, etc from all of you. So, from the bottom or our hearts, THANK YOU.:heart: This year has been horrific, first with the passing of my 4 year old dog to cancer who was a tremedous comfort to me during my dh's illness, then, with the passing of my dh who was everything to me. :crybaby: The PF served as a great diversion and many of you became very good listeners. For that I thank you. I also want to thank my very best friend DebSmith for being with me every step of the way. From the very first blood test, up until the very end, she has been my ROCK. No matter what time of day or night. Anyway, I thought I would share this poem my 15 year old daughter wrote for my husband. I know I have talked alot about giving my kids away or trading them for a Jimmy Choo Chocolate suede Saba :graucho:, but, the truth is, I thank GOD every day that I have them. They are what keeps me going and prevents me from curling up in a ball and crying all day and night.

A True Hero
A man on the bed,
with so much to say,
the disease taking over,
as he prays it is not his last day.
The man holds on for dear life,
optimistic is the way he will speak.
He wants to say so much more,
but he is so incredibly weak.
All he wants is the best for his family,
to walk his daughters down the aisle,
to grow old with his wife,
and one day, hold his grandchild.
The man with a son,
a son left in tears,
to become the man of the house,
is what he fears.
A man who would do anything he could,
to beat this thing like he said he would.
A man left beaten who is hard to break,
A man who insists he will be okay,
up to the very last second of his very last day.
A man who appears a skeleton,
yet is so strong when you look from within.
The man with more courage than anyone I know,
He will not die a man, he will die my HERO.
Written with Love by,
Kady Caroline M____
Love you Dad

I am so sorry for your loss. It really is a blessing to have fellow PFers by your side during this time.

Prayers and thoughts go out to your family.

Wow...
I am so sorry for your loss and your grief. Your daughter's poem is amazing; she has a very strong spirit.
May your memories bring you comfort and peace.
*Hugs all around you*
:hugs:

Oh my gosh, I cannot even imagine the grief and pain you are experiencing. I am so so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you and will support you through this time, and beyond.