THAMES comments and opinions please!

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Hey everyone. I have the Thames GM in damier ebene on my mind lately. I did a search and realized this is not a very popular bag. Can you tell me why you like or don't like this bag? Your opinions will be very much appreciated.

I got Thames GM for my mum 3-4 years ago, and it's been her favorite since. She got many LVs, but it's the only one that she always carry. I mean like she caries it nearly everyday, she rotate with other bags sometime but always come back to Thames.
It's a bit annoying since my and my brothers get her other bags but she keep on insiting using her Thames (poor bag).
It's really comfy and holds a lot for the size, it's not really a bag with WOW factor but definitely functional.

I actually adore Thames in mono !!!
For some reason she looks more
Classy on this canvas .. That's what
I think tho . But, Thames is very feminine
and it's on my bucket lists too :biggrin:
Go for it !!! GL deciding !!!

I had this bag but I just sold it, I did find it small I had to move my things around to to find what I was looking for. The gold plate on the front got all messed up and it looked ugly, plus I found the zip stiff to open.

Hey everyone. I have the Thames GM in damier ebene on my mind lately. I did a search and realized this is not a very popular bag. Can you tell me why you like or don't like this bag? Your opinions will be very much appreciated.
I LOVE my Thames GM in DE. I am not a "big purse" person so it is the ideal size for me for everyday use...I looked at the mono but liked the look of the DE better and am obessed with the gold plate..That is my fav detail..It can also fit more than it looks like it can. I can get my LV mono international wallet, bottled of advil, small lv mono cosmetic pouch, key pouch (cles) with about 10 keys attached and some other odds and ends all in there...I use the cell phone holder to hold my lotion bottle and pens and the open pocket as a cell phone holder. I find it easy to open even when on my shoulder and I had no problems with my brass plate getting dirty...It does get marks but super easy to shine it back up...

For me personally I just don't really like the style of it. I lean toward the speedys and almas. I also don't like the little name plate on it. It's funny because when I looked up the bag and saw it in mono I immediately disliked it but then I saw the DE and thought "oh wow that looks so much better."

I have the GM in ebene and love it. It"/ a great size for my every day items: wallet, sunglasses, cosmetic pouch, keys, phone. Easy to carry, large mouth, zipper and like the plate. Very classy. I prefer in ebene. No regrets here.

The Thames has such an eye-catching design! That said, I feel like it's somewhat limited (i.e.- getting in and out of the bag) since it's not as large of a strap drop, as say, the Galliera. If you really love this style and it suits your needs, go for it! ...regardless of what anyone else thinks!

I got Thames GM for my mum 3-4 years ago, and it's been her favorite since. She got many LVs, but it's the only one that she always carry. I mean like she caries it nearly everyday, she rotate with other bags sometime but always come back to Thames.
It's a bit annoying since my and my brothers get her other bags but she keep on insiting using her Thames (poor bag).
It's really comfy and holds a lot for the size, it's not really a bag with WOW factor but definitely functional.

Thank you for your comments. When she puts stuff in her bag, does the base get wider? Can the bag stand on its own when full?

Mrs Darling said:
I have the GM in ebene and love it. It"/ a great size for my every day items: wallet, sunglasses, cosmetic pouch, keys, phone. Easy to carry, large mouth, zipper and like the plate. Very classy. I prefer in ebene. No regrets here.

Couldn't say it any better ! I agree ..

Yes it will stand up on its own when positioned correctly, I just found it to narrow and it bulged when over filled. I don't think this bag is worth the high price tag, there are better LV bags for that money or less I believe.