Travel Thailand

alexiaross

Feb 19, 2010
Israel
Iv spent the last year in thailand working and learning (nail art things)
and i just love this country , love the people and love the amazing nail tecs here.
I would especialy like to write about a boutiqe hotel named siam@siam located in bangkok , beutiful uniqe design perfect location (near all the major shopping malls lol) and an amazing spa in the hotel.
a little bit expansive but worth every peny .spent 5 days there and ill be back for more soon

kerosundae

want snow in Paris
O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
LA
www.cherryliphotography.com
I may go to Thailand in a week on a press trip--starting from Chiang Mai and ending in Bangkok. Do you have any suggestions on clothes? I know it's pretty conservative there, so I plan on bringing long silk skirts and pants, but will I need warm clothes this season for the north?
I'm a bit concerned about the top too because I don't even own a bra (other than sports bras), do they really find it offensive when a woman doesn't wear a bra? or do they just think it's strange (like in the US)?

fab_R&R

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
Hi there. I went to Bangkok and Phuket 3 years ago and I did not think thai people were very conservative about dressing. Especially teens who dress up very modern. The only places you need to cover up, meaning to wear long sleeves and long skirts or pants, are temples.

Nov 1, 2008
I may go to Thailand in a week on a press trip--starting from Chiang Mai and ending in Bangkok. Do you have any suggestions on clothes? I know it's pretty conservative there, so I plan on bringing long silk skirts and pants, but will I need warm clothes this season for the north?
I'm a bit concerned about the top too because I don't even own a bra (other than sports bras), do they really find it offensive when a woman doesn't wear a bra? or do they just think it's strange (like in the US)?
If you're going to temples and all that, it's best to keep your shoulders and legs covered. Other than that, you can wear whatever you want. :smile:

Madinat

O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
headed to bangkok for songkran. wondering about what will be closed. from what i've read most of the attractions are, but what about the nightlife and shopping? any recs for a laid back (post-graduation celebration) week in the capital? i'm definitely going to make the trip to siem riep and chaing mai as well (total stay is 4 weeks).

thx!

Sep 7, 2008
33°53'S,151°10'E
If you're going to temples and all that, it's best to keep your shoulders and legs covered. Other than that, you can wear whatever you want. :smile:
Yeah, they aren't exactly happy about clothing like sleeveless tops and boobtubes and shorts, but normal t-shirts etc. aren't a problem when visiting temples. I do remember taking shoes off when you enter the temple.
kerosundae, yeah, they dress conservatively in Thailand. I did notice that Thais tend to dress neatly, and no skimpy things. I find that cotton dresses, pants and tops are best, what the humidity. I hope you get to go to Thailand. If you do, enjoy your trip.