Texting Instead of actual written dialog....

Jul 21, 2006
This is for the Mods......Please forgive me if I haven't blasted off into the millenium yet, but is texting actually allowed on this forum instead of the actual written english language?

This may be a very personal opinion, but I find texting entries extremely hard to understand and actually quite lazy on the part of the poster.

So, does it really matter? Can we text a whole dialog, or should we just write in english? I understand some abbreviations are very much okay, but to write a whole paragraph in "text" just drives me crazy.

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Swanky! There is a newer member that is texting, and I just can't even read the posts because it makes me go crazy! And, my personal reasons are that my 28 year-old daughter writes like she is nine years old because she texts so much. It just looks ignorant. I love her, though......but she drives me crazy with it.

uuugh its my pet peeve, too.

or writing like that without any punctuation marks or capital letters or spaces making your post practically incomprehensible and extremely annoying is it really asking for too much to use proper language

We should have a rule about that :cursing::police::devil::censor:

I haven't come across many posts with text language, but I can barely read it on my phone let alone online. I guess just skim over it, maybe the poster will decide to pull up a chair and type it out!

Thanks!! I was beginning to wonder if it was just me....being picky picky picky.....as I don't know how to answer the poster without some aggitation involved. Okay. All better now.......

It annoys me too :Push:

Hmm, what is "text" language?

Lets just say that people who use text language are very, very fond of the letter U. LOL.

Here are some copied posts which I took from the Chanel forum. I have seen much worse than this, but it will give you an idea :amuse:

it luks nice i like accordian flap eventhough this one luks 2 shiny but i guess its juz the flash of da camera besides
its vinyl but honestly on wut u describe u dont seem so happy with it???

It luks very nice, i think its the color that its a very nice hot pink. & if it tuk u all the boutiques in paris then i think
u probably feel more happy that u finally found it !!!

It annoys me too :Push:

Lets just say that people who use text language are very, very fond of the letter U. LOL.

Here are some copied posts which I took from the Chanel forum. I have seen much worse than this, but it will give you an idea :amuse:

it luks nice i like accordian flap eventhough this one luks 2 shiny but i guess its juz the flash of da camera besides
its vinyl but honestly on wut u describe u dont seem so happy with it???

It luks very nice, i think its the color that its a very nice hot pink. & if it tuk u all the boutiques in paris then i think
u probably feel more happy that u finally found it !!!

OH LORD. I don't even type that way when I do text message. That's awful.:wtf:

Believe me.....the post that I saw was worse than that......and yours is very bad. I keep getting the mental picture of someone wearing a dunce cap while posting. Sorry. As I said, it is very distracting, and I can't seem to get over it.