Tessie satchel...help needed

Ser

Jul 12, 2013
So my red effie arrived and as much as I love the colour I've decided to send it back. :sad: The main reason is its slouchiness. It's taken me a while but I've realised I'm a structured bag kinda girl. I compared the effie to my postman's lock messenger, both empty, and the effie collapsed whereas my postman's lock stood firm. I've even decided to part with my oak alexa as I just can't get along with her because of the slouchiness and the straps. This has not been an easy decision as she was only my second mulberry and is such an iconic mulberry along with the bayswater, but she's just been sitting in the dustbag unused!

Soo help with my next purchase needed please. I'm thinking of getting a tessie satchel next but cant decide on oak or red (I also like the oxblood too). I'll be an oak mulberry down once I sell my alexa but I've always wanted a red mulberry, which is why I went for the effie.

I'm leaning to oak as it would be a better colour to go with my wardrobe...but I do love my colourful mulberrys...I have two in pink.

I went to see the tessie irl but Fenwicks didn't have any in stock yet. Does anyone know if the tessie satchels are structured or not?

Advice/opinions welcome.... :smile:

I looked at the Tessie a couple of weeks ago, from what I remember it was quite structured, I really like the bag, they only had it in black and oak, I thought the oak really suited it.

If it's just the slouching that you don't like on the Alexa, why don't you try a bag liner? I found that has made a huge difference to mine

Even though I initially thought I would like the Tessie, when I visited the shop to see it, I didn't like it that much, exactly because for me it was too structured!! :biggrin: I am the exact opposite from you. I like my bags slouchy and I particularly love the leather on the Effie.

I also found Tessie smaller than the Effie.

Thanks for the replies :smile: I tried a liner in my alexa and wasn't keen on it. I think its just the style isn't me really, although I like the look on others :smile: I found the effie too big as well, so if tessie is smaller and structured then that's a plus for me. I'm thinking I might just order the oak once my effie refund has gone through...I can always return it.

Thanks guys :smile: nice to see some love for the structured bag :smile: I'm so tempted by the tessie just can't decide on oak or red. Practical core colour v more impractical but fun colour mmmm