Terror Alert in UK raise to Critical

I will try but, I am supposed to with my significant other. Were planning this for our tenth anniversary! We have been together longer than most married couples I know. I have been wanting to visit for a very long time. It's frustrating.

We were going to England, first. We have friends who have just moved to Birmingham, so we were going to visit them and visit London and also further north, I forget the name of the town, it was closer to the Welsh border. (this is the family of a colleague and friend, so I would visit them, too) Other things were in the air...

God how awful! Hope everything gets sorted out soon. Also I wonder what they do with their bags because they're only allowed to carry their hand luggage in transparant plastic bags?? Do you think they get confiscated?

I wemt off to take my shower. It's get up time for work, sort of. All I could think of was, what could you do for a six hour flight sans a carryall and the little things you put in to stave off boredom You know, books, ipod, games for kids,
We all can't sleep sitting up.

Raspberry said:
I'd rather twiddle my thumbs and arrive safely. I'm glad that security has been tightened.

Exactly. I'm willing to give up a few luxuries (ie. carry on stuff) for the sake of my safety. The airplane has magazines, movies, music, etc for you to listen to...

I didn't bring anything with me the last 9hour plane ride I had, and I was entertained for 9 hours with their TV programs, music, magazines, newspapers, etc.

Thank you, God, for letting my hubby get home safe from London last week!!!!! I feel so bad for everyone! This terrorism has to be stopped somehow! This is just awful.

Its scary isn't it? I think most people here are just trying to go about their daily lives the best they can, the only difference being that Sky News is being watched religiously in every house and office this morning. I think that the airports and security are doing a fab job at handling the situation, and its one of those things where we just have to sit it out and pray for everyones safety. Whats weird for me is watching all the TV crews at Manchester Airport which is just a couple of miles away from my house, also having planes take off over my house every five minutes is enough to make anyone a little on edge today!

There is no way that I'd get on a plane today for the sake of a holiday that cost a couple of grand, I'd rather be safe than sorry I guess. I can't believe mothers are having to drink from their babies bottles to prove that theres no poison/bomb inside, I've not heard of that before.

These quotes from the BBC website I think really sum up the seriousness of this threat.

"According to MI5's website, critical threat level - the highest - means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK"."

"Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Paul Stephenson said the alleged plotters had intended "mass murder on an unimaginable scale". "

It's scary! I'm watching the Sky broadcast. As a mother I wouldn't hesitate to take a swig from my bub's bottle. If that's what it takes to get on the plane I'll do it.

JoeyJo21 I can't believe mothers are having to drink from their babies bottles to prove that theres no poison/bomb inside said:
I wouldn't put anything past people with the terrorist ideology. They will likely resort to using women and childern if enough plots involving men get foiled.