Terrible Proenza repair quality - what should I do?

paige24

May 9, 2019
I submitted my PS1 Medium for warranty repair directly to Proenza NYC. The following repairs were requested:
1. Fix edge cracking
2. Replace faded hardware
The repair associate told me that Proenza repairs from the US now takes place locally in a NYC authorized facility and not Italy - is that the case? I would love to hear any experiences from any others that have recently submitted a purse to Proenza for repair.

I just received the purse back today after 8 weeks and none of the cracked edges were fixed, in fact, more damage was done to the purse when the hardware clasp was replaced on the front of the purse:
-The leather seams were cut open and stitching taken apart to replace the tongue clasp on the front of my PS1. After hardware was replaced, the stitching was never put back so the original threading is missing
-The cut is super visible from the edges and never sealed properly...it looks awful...
IMG_5905.jpg IMG_5906.jpg IMG_5903.jpg

The new hardware that was put in isn't even sitting flat. I tried tightening the screws but it did not work.
IMG_5895.jpg

The condition of the purse is worse than when I submitted it to Proenza NYC for repair.

Does any one have any suggestions on what I should do? The NYC office is now on vacation till 1/2 so I sent them an email detailing the issues with the repair...I think I need to escalate this and contact someone that would be able to resolve for me. Would love to hear all of your opinions!!! I am so disappointed in the purse I got back from Proenza's repair service and would like to share with the community so others can be aware when they submit their purses to Proenza for repair.

That does look bad. :sad:

The cracking of the edges on that front pocket is very noticeable. I hope people at Proenza sort this out, although with the Holidays it will probably take a while.

At this price point, I personally would expect a higher standard of quality, to be honest.

Reactions: mzbaglady1
Just curious is there a yelp review or some type of review on this repair company? Did the vendor use a brand name leather repair company? I would have checked them out first. Post a yelp review if the vendor could offer you no further assistance. Contact Rago Brothers in N.J. and see what they could do to help you. Good luck.