Terrible hot stamping by LV. At my wits end!

Hot stamping is an "iffy" thing I think. I heard our local store was considering eliminating it because of the potential problems associated with the process. I had an older charm hot stamped for my new daughter in law with her initials. I asked for large letters stamped vertically, no period in between letters. I filled out the form with my requests. What I got back were small letters stamped horizontally with a period in the middle. It's a long retired charm so I knew there was no chance of replacement. Personally, wanting to preserve the relationship with my SA, I accepted what I got back and moved on. But it left me questioning the process.

It's hard for me to understand in your case how the leather on the inside of a phone case would be any different than a wallet, which I have had no issues with the level of embossing or flaking. If it can't be done properly on a phone case, then I would think the store would tell you or in your case, your personal shopper that prior to stamping. The heart stamp is cute, but I would go to your local store and ask for a replacement stamped correctly, or not at all.

Reactions: pianolize
It seems to be ok for now but there is no embossing at all. It’s sitting right on the surface. You can’t feel any depression when you run a finger over it.
I'd still advocate getting it to a store as soon as you can and see what they suggest. I think the only way to sort this is for you to do it; you can't rely on someone else at this point.

I feel ya. This is the hot stamping on my agenda, my most-loved, most-used LV piece. I think it looks crappy and cheapens it. And I was SO excited about picking up my agenda and having this personalization. I’m not sure the photo even shows how cracked it is, on a brand new piece. I’ll never heat stamp again, even though i absolutely LOVE the idea of it. I’m not complaining. I love all my LV pieces and cherish each of them. What I don’t cherish is the glorified cashiers who work in their stores and are incapable to stamp pieces in accordance with the high standards associated (and well-deserved) with the name Louis Vuitton.

Attachments

• C2C4A8D8-D665-45D5-85F5-F5FEB09DBF1B.jpeg
    C2C4A8D8-D665-45D5-85F5-F5FEB09DBF1B.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 536
  • A45F4041-78D6-4CB5-BE9E-4D5509D047E8.jpeg
    A45F4041-78D6-4CB5-BE9E-4D5509D047E8.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 544
Can you find a LV expert shopper on your Shop site? Someone who understands the brand, understands your situation and is willing to take both of them back to a different store somewhere in the USA? And fight on your behalf?

Bring this to a store and let the customer service replace it for you, or you can remove the gold, I tried on my luggage tag before, I don’t like that blue heart so I used acetone to remove it and it worked. Maybe you can try to use a little bit acetone on then swipe it fast. Hope that helps

Reactions: pianolize
First off, the boxer should have advocated for you at the store. I had an issue with a stamp that a boxer had done in another country and when the picture was provided to me, I asked that they go back to the store. They called instead and came back to tell me the store would not be able to do anything. I asked that he advocate for me and get a tag replacement if they weren't going to fix the stamp. I also messaged shopandbox site to say the same thing as I should not have to pay each time the person goes to the store when it should not have been accepted the first time. It got fixed and I was not charged additional fees thankfully.

However, the con of this is I have been seeing more and more boxers refuse to do the hotstamping for shoppers because of various issues at LV (stamping quality, not selling tags, taking longer for turn around, etc). Most recently customs in London had issues where the boxer paid customs fee and waited to get the package of tags sent, but 2-3 weeks later and no delivery. Shopper had to request (strongly) that the boxer go to the post office in person and not deal with it by phone. Finally, they suddenly found the lost package "fell of the shelf" and delivered it about 6 weeks after it was mailed out. I think it won't be long before they stop offering to get hotstamps entirely (Japan boxer stopped offering, Taiwan boxer didn't want to anymore, and a couple decided to increase their charges because of not being able to get it done in one day and having to make two separate trips).