Terrible experience with Balenciaga

We to NM & the SA was not knowledgeable on the bag at all. So I opted to visit the temp store in Soho. My experience was terrible, I could not get one question answered... I asked how many pockets are in the city bag & the reply was I can't tell you that... I expressed interested in several styles but they did not offer to show me the bag. I was quite confused and ending up leaving feeling like I should just stick to LV. I mean I was the ONLY customer in the store and I felt like I was being a bother to them.

Is this just an isolated issue or has anyone else experienced this type of poor customer service...

Still interested in trying out the city... Not sure where to shop though.

I prefer not to buy online because this is my first purchase & I would like to know what I'm getting exactly.

Nope its not the usual customer service, Bal SA are usually very knowledgable & I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but don't let it put you off Bal leather is TDF..... I hope you have a better experience next time :smile:

It sounds like you just encountered an SA on a bad day. If you feel up to it, I would go back to the same pop-up shop if it's still around and hopefully there will be another SA. And if you are comfortable, I would also let a manager know. That seemed really rude.

brainstorm said:
It sounds like you just encountered an SA on a bad day. If you feel up to it, I would go back to the same pop-up shop if it's still around and hopefully there will be another SA. And if you are comfortable, I would also let a manager know. That seemed really rude.

Thank you for the reply... I am really interested in the city bag, but I must say this was a pretty discouraging encounter, especially because its my first buying experience with Balenciaga.

I am really unsure how to handle it... I may go back.
Maybe I can call ahead and ask if the manager will be in to assist me.
Not sure :sad:

Are you in NYC? I think you can try Bergdorf Goodman or Barney's although they do not carry all the bags and colors. Barney's may have a better selection, but I found the SA's in Bergdorf more helpful.

In Japan, Bal's SA's are really helpful and friendly.

Lara Madeleine said:
Are you in NYC? I think you can try Bergdorf Goodman or Barney's although they do not carry all the bags and colors. Barney's may have a better selection, but I found the SA's in Bergdorf more helpful.

In Japan, Bal's SA's are really helpful and friendly.

Yes I am outside the city... I was thinking Bergdorf may offer a better experience, that's an option.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Every SA I've encountered at a Bal store was really helpful and friendly. Although a few of the Bal SA's at my local Nordstrom are totally clueless, literally I had to explain to one woman what G21 hardware was (she had only dealt with g12), as she didn't know it existed!

Try not to let your first experience taint your possible love for Bal! If it were me, I would call to see when the manager was there and absolutely have her/him help you and tell them about your first experience and that you almost didn't come back. I think that kind of rudeness is just ridiculous. There WHOLE job is to sell you bags!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

So I after feeling pretty discouraged about my first shopping experience with Bal I didn't know if I would even get the bag at all. I was very disappointed in the customer service. However, I was given the name of a SA at this location. So I called the store and asked to speak with that SA. I explained that I had already been in the store and had a very unpleasant experience & that I was referred to him by a friend. The SA was very apologetic & spent time with me on the phone answering all of my questions & even offered to email me photos.
I felt a lot better about the whole situation. So I plan to return to this store to purchase my first bag ! However I will be working exclusively with this SA.

Thank you all for your comments & suggestions.

Look out for my reveal soon.