Tennis bracelet length

megs0927

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I have worn my new tennis bracelet a handful of times. I am on the fence on whether or not it needs to be shortened. I know it's personal preference but does it too too big?

I was planning on taking several diamonds out and then I saw one on a woman tonight and the way it moved on her wrist looked so elegant.

I plan on wearing it only on my left hand and anticipate most of the time it would be paired with my watch. If I am not wearing my watch it travels further than I would like down my arm.

Any thoughts?
IMG_3120.JPG IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3128.JPG IMG_3129.JPG

I think the bracelet length looks perfect on you. I prefer my bracelets to be slightly looser. I don't like the look of a close fit tennis bracelet but that is just my preference. With a slightly looser fit, there is more movement and i think it is just prettier. Also like that it peeks under long sleeve shirts/sweaters. If I were you I would not shorten it. :smile:

Gorgeous bracelet! I just checked mine...fits about the same as yours. I have a 6" wrist, too. I had mine made smaller when I purchased it.
Have worn it this length for 10 years. If I may make a suggestion...have your jeweler attach an extra safety. clasp. Even though you have a
built-in safety clasp...can't hurt to have another. It saved me one time! Inexpensive and worth the piece of mind!
I enclosed a pic, little chain at the bottom of the TB.
J12 and 14 tcw TB.jpg

Gorgeous bracelet! I just checked mine...fits about the same as yours. I have a 6" wrist, too. I had mine made smaller when I purchased it.
Have worn it this length for 10 years. If I may make a suggestion...have your jeweler attach an extra safety. clasp. Even though you have a
built-in safety clasp...can't hurt to have another. It saved me one time! Inexpensive and worth the piece of mind!
View attachment 3696765

I am going to wear it a week or so without the watch to see how I like the movement. My jeweler will give me 100% of what I paid to upgrade so I think I am going to try to keep it at the standard length since I have been known to suffer from diamond shrinkage!

Last edited:
I am going to wear it a week or so without the watch to see how I like the movement. My jeweler will give me 100% of what I paid to upgrade so I think I am going to try to keep it at the standard length since I have been known to suffer from diamond shrinkage!
Yes...that damn diamond shrinkage, know it well! :graucho:

I think it is a bit too long on you. Removing one to two lengths may be good. I like the length on Skyqueen. She has the same wrist size as yours, and she had her bracelet shortened a bit. Then again, you are the better person to judge for yourself.

I suggest you keep the current bracelet (no trade in), because the melees size is perfect for all occasions. It is important to get the correct (most comfortable) length. As for future upgrade, you may want to buy a second bracelet with bigger melees for more flashy occasions. Having two different melee size tennis bracelets is useful, so do not restrict yourself wearing a standard length, but too long bracelet.

Ask your jeweler if temporarily removing links will nullify your 100% upgrade. If not, then you have the option to trade in later. Otherwise, you can still use the spare diamond melees for a dbty necklace or bracelet.

View attachment 3696765
I have to say I love all your fabulous pieces, sky queen! Can you please refresh me on the tcw of your tennis bracelet? It's gorgeous!!!

I prefer minimal movement as well. The most my TB moves is about 1 inch from my wrist bone. If it travels too far down on your arm then it may be better to remove 1 or 2 stones may look better.