Ten silky reveals (some SS/2011)!

SCinSG

Scarfaholic
Dec 5, 2010
After seeing pics of the SS/2011 scarves, I had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the silky beauties here in Singapore.

Well Christmas came early and Santa decided someone had been good :biggrin: I walked into H yesterday, intending to pick up a horn necklace (which I never got, by the way!). But instead, these came home with me ...

SS2011.jpg

I'm pretty new to H scarves (and all things H, actually), and in these boxes were some firsts for me. Hint: NO mousselines or cashmeres, though. Not yet! Hahahahhaa!

Let's get on with the reveal, shall we?
box.jpg

box2.jpg

Last edited:
Let's start with the little ones: four gavroche pretties are mine now! Only one is from SS/2011, though. The first two are from the "Year of the ..." range.

Here is l'annee du tigre in its box
anneetigre1.jpg

How cute is this!
anneetigre3.jpg

Tag info for anyone who may need it
anneetigre2.jpg

Tied:
anneetigre4.jpg

Joining the tigre is the lievre, which would be perfect for Chinese New Year as the Year of the Rabbit is coming up in Feb 2011!

Opening the box:
anneerabbit1.jpg

Why hello there, lovely little l'annee du lievre!
anneerabbit3.jpg

Tag for anyone who may need the info:
anneerabbit2.jpg

All tied up:
anneerabbit4.jpg

Hullo Vanmiracle, forever132, joodi and Deborah1986! Thanks for sharing my excitement!!

Vanmiracle, I didn't know that. There weren't many of the "year of the ..." scarves here either. I think I got the last tiger and second-last rabbit. Santa was very good to me! Do you know which animal started the series?

The third gavroche is Carre en Cravates. I think these are tie designs, if i recall my oh so rusty French. I really like the way the orange rolled hem lends a subtle pop of vibrant colour.

In the box:
cravates1.jpg

Tag for anyone who needs the info:
cravates2.jpg

LOVE the designs!
cravates3.jpg

Time for a close-up:
cravates4.jpg

Tied:
cravates5.jpg

Here is the last gavroche, and the first SS/2011 scarf for me! She is Mademoiselle Soie and what a delightful, FUN piece she is. I'm going to spread the pics of this one over 2 posts because there is soooo much detail to take in.

In the box:
soie1.jpg

Tag info for anyone who may need it:
soie2.jpg

Lookeee here:
soie3.jpg

Here's mademoiselle. Look at her needle and thread, the ties, the boxes, the scarves ...
soie4.jpg

Last edited:
More Mademoiselle Soie details.

Name of the artist/designer:
soie7.jpg

Name of the scarf:
soie6.jpg

And here she is, all tied up:
soie10.jpg

Now, let's move on to the 90 Carres :biggrin: There are five of them....

Last edited:
The first of the 90s is not from SS/2011, but it was one of the first H scarves I saw when I walked into H for the first time about a month ago. I fell in love with the design right away, but the colourway (blue) did not suit me. Well, this one found me yesterday! :biggrin:

In the box -- look, Vetruvian Man:
quint1.jpg

Tag info
quint2.jpg

What drew me in were the angels:
quint4.jpg

As well as the musical theme (my dad is a musician) ... oops, sorry about the blurry pic:
quint3.jpg

The more I look at it ...
quint5.jpg

...the more ...
quint7.jpg

...I LOVE IT!
quint6.jpg

Last edited: