Ten Signs that your mind is fashion-obsessed...

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Nothing like a little humor to bring in the new year. The following is an excerpt from the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Sportswear International. It's so silly that I just had to share:

Ten Signs that your mind is fashion-obsessed...

By Christopher Blomquist

1. When studying Greek mythology, you are shocked to learn that Hermes was messenger to the gods and not their official scarfmaker.
2. You read the headline DIESEL COSTS SET TO RISE THIS WINTER and you think the price of Italian jeans is going up.
3. A ballet fan asks if you like Giselle and you reply, "Sure, but not as much as Naomi."
4. As you read Gigi you think: Wow, Colette's book is almost as good as her store...
5. When asked on a game show to name a famous polo player, you enthusiastically shout: "Ralph Lauren!"
6. You refer to Princess Grace of Monaco and Jane Birkin as "those bag ladies."
7. You sign up for a Philosophy 101 course at university expecting to learn all about Alberta Ferretti.
8. When tourists in NYC ask you to find Nolita, you respond, "Well, it's still a lot easier to get in Europe but some stores carry it..."
9. You can't understand why your friend the film fanatic thinks Alfred Hitchcock is the director of Marni when - duh! - Consuela Castiglioni has helmed that collection for years.
10. You think the prize for winning baseball's annual All-Star Game is a pair of Chuck Taylors.

The end.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Hilarious!
Another sign: a car with a license plate containing the letters "PH" is driving in front of you and a smile spreads across your face because you're thinking "Palladium hardware"...

Uh oh! I'm soooo guilty!

I wish I had a picture of this but on the way to my office I pass a company and their large lighted sign says "Kelly Center". I have no idea what they do there but whoa... a place full of Kellys is what my mind was saying! :upsidedown: