Tempted to buy pre-loved Chanel Reissue....thoughts??

Karacoco78

O.G.
Jul 29, 2012
My HG bag has ALWAYS been the Chanel classic flap, medium, black lambskin with SHW. However, I recently came across some YouTube videos of the reissue 2.55 266 and now I am seriously thinking about buying onr pre-loved. I have never really considered this bag before; however, after trying on my HG bag again more recently (told myself I'd wait for my next work trip to EU where I can save some $$$) I feel the reissue very well be more me/practical.
Any thoughts, feedback or photos would be much appreciated!!
Thank you!

Go for it! The reissue ages beautifully and doesn't hold its value as well compared to the classic so it is a great piece to buy preloved. I love how it is elegant without being flashy. I purchased my 226 preloved and got a great deal. She's my go to bag when I want something classy but understated.
IMG_1482357744.657838.jpg

I love my reissue 225 small size with gold HW....Very elegant yet could wear casually as cross body style too - attached for you some of my mod pic of my 225 reissue at casual errand
It is great classic as coco originally designed, as you must already know well ;) I say, go for it! Good luck! :smile:

View attachment 3553805

Hi. I love your outfit. Where did you get your coat from? I love the reissues too. My favourite style [emoji5]

Reactions: shopgirl4cc
You should always get the bag you love!!! Many times I thought I wanted bag x but after time (and even sometimes buying bag x) I realized it wasn't the bag for me. I needed another bag to make me happy.

So, that being said, if the reissue "speaks" to you, go for it! And if you can buy preloved, all the better.:tup: I love buying like new (or even new!) preloved premier bags for a fraction of retail. It's like I can spoil myself and be thrifty at the same time. :lol:

My personal take on the reissue? I'm lukewarm. I'm a classic flap girl all the way. Though it's a very good looking and practical bag, I don't find the reissue to be striking. So thus far I've taken a pass. For quilted shoulder bags, if I'm not buying a classic flap, I'll buy something from Dior. I love their lamb, their quality and saturated colors.

Never say never! I may find a reissue tomorrow that I HAVE to have. But until then, I'm very happy with my classic flaps and haven't ever been tempted by the reissue.

I recently purchased my first reissue (preloved) and absolutely love it! I have always been a classic flap girl and only in the last month have I fallen in love with reissue.
The cost of a Reissue from boutique vs pre loved is vastly different, which makes it more "economic" to buy pre loved if you find the right combo. That being said, after you get the reissue, would you still lust for the classic flap? If so, are you able to have both or just one?
You may also be able to find the classic flap pre loved too. Just somethings to consider.

Reactions: Karacoco78
my first flap was a reissue but i sold it (for a loss, they don't hold value well) to get the classic, just my own preference. the reissue was very carefree and beautiful and i enjoyed it, but i determined i wanted my bags to be more 'chanel' in appearance and the reissue really gets no notice b/c it's so understated. it's still a fave though and you can't go wrong. but buy pre-loved if you can

Go for it! The reissue ages beautifully and doesn't hold its value as well compared to the classic so it is a great piece to buy preloved. I love how it is elegant without being flashy. I purchased my 226 preloved and got a great deal. She's my go to bag when I want something classy but understated.
View attachment 3553847
Gorgeous! What do you think would be fair price on a good condition reissue?

I recently purchased my first reissue (preloved) and absolutely love it! I have always been a classic flap girl and only in the last month have I fallen in love with reissue.
The cost of a Reissue from boutique vs pre loved is vastly different, which makes it more "economic" to buy pre loved if you find the right combo. That being said, after you get the reissue, would you still lust for the classic flap? If so, are you able to have both or just one?
You may also be able to find the classic flap pre loved too. Just somethings to consider.
I think I'll def still want the classic...but I think that's one I'll buy new for a big ocassion in the future. I can def see buying the reissue pre-loved and as everyone is saying that just seems to make more sense, money-wise.

If you really love the look of it, I'd say go pre-loved, in like new condition! I stalk consignment sites from time to time, and am struck by the price differential between the reissue vs. classic flaps. It seems like the price gap has been narrowing this year, but that could just be my imagination... :-s