Tempted by Foggy Grey Bayswater...

I'm tempted too by the foggy grey Alexa. I think it's a lovely colour, something between grey and lilac. But I got a ban on myself for the next 6 months at least. Sigh... Hope u will find yours soon :smile:

CprincessUK: M shop in CPH hasn't got it yet - I am going in tomorrow for another check :graucho:
They did have foggy grey Lexi - and if I hadn't already one in black, I'd go for that one...

Anyone got Lexi in Foggy Grey?

KatharinaV said:
CprincessUK: M shop in CPH hasn't got it yet - I am going in tomorrow for another check :graucho:
They did have foggy grey Lexi - and if I hadn't already one in black, I'd go for that one...

Anyone got Lexi in Foggy Grey?

I passed by my local Mulberry after work and they didn't have Foggy Grey Bays either. Only the Alexas as you say. I so badly want to see a picture! Left my mobile no with sales assistant though.

Also loved the pheasant green Darias although not too wowed by Oak effie. I just cannot justify a 3rd Daria at this stage. Plus I have a 2 bag limit this year!

I'm not loving the Effie... Maybe it'll grow on me.

I know, justifying the same style bag in different colours is always difficult. I am trying to convince myself that I do not need another Alexa.... Even though nightshade silky snake is gorgeous too - and matches my continental wallet in midnight :cool: Uhm. Decisions!

I have to pop by M tomorrow...

KatharinaV said:
I'm not loving the Effie... Maybe it'll grow on me.

I know, justifying the same style bag in different colours is always difficult. I am trying to convince myself that I do not need another Alexa.... Even though nightshade silky snake is gorgeous too - and matches my continental wallet in midnight :cool: Uhm. Decisions!

I have to pop by M tomorrow...

If grey Bays is there please try to snap some pics. I like Alexas on other people but not on me. The grey ones I saw were nicely grey with no lilac!

So...to revive this thread...I was eyeing this exact bag at the Mulberry store earlier this week and the guy said I would need to treat both the outside and the inside in order to protect it every 3 months. I know I'll need to protect it the first time but every three months? Really? Is this the amount of maintenance this leather requires or is he just trying to sell me a ton of their protectant stuff? And if I do need to treat it that much, does anyone have a recommendation for another, equally good but cheaper, protectant. $60/year is a fair amount to spend on maintenance of a bag I hope to use for 10 years. Not sure I want to sign up to spend another $600 on *maintaining* a bag.

So...to revive this thread...I was eyeing this exact bag at the Mulberry store earlier this week and the guy said I would need to treat both the outside and the inside in order to protect it every 3 months. I know I'll need to protect it the first time but every three months? Really? Is this the amount of maintenance this leather requires or is he just trying to sell me a ton of their protectant stuff? And if I do need to treat it that much, does anyone have a recommendation for another, equally good but cheaper, protectant. $60/year is a fair amount to spend on maintenance of a bag I hope to use for 10 years. Not sure I want to sign up to spend another $600 on *maintaining* a bag.

I don't know much about this leather but I definitely don't spray my bayswaters that regularly. I have never treated the inside either.

You can get bigger tins of collonil on Amazon as well.

Someone, somewhere on tpf recommended a weekly spray for the first four weeks, then once a month. That's what I have been doing for my buffalo Bayswater. At first the leather was just soaking up the Collonil and it seemed that it was going to be very expensive!

The last couple of sprays have just been quick top-ups though, and it doesn't take very much Collonil at all. I've probably got four or five treatments out of my current can and there's still some left.

You can tell when the bag needs spraying, by the way - the leather feels different and dryer.

Never sprayed the inside though, and I have no plans to!

Plemont said:
Someone, somewhere on tpf recommended a weekly spray for the first four weeks, then once a month. That's what I have been doing for my buffalo Bayswater. At first the leather was just soaking up the Collonil and it seemed that it was going to be very expensive!

The last couple of sprays have just been quick top-ups though, and it doesn't take very much Collonil at all. I've probably got four or five treatments out of my current can and there's still some left.

You can tell when the bag needs spraying, by the way - the leather feels different and dryer.

Never sprayed the inside though, and I have no plans to!

I had the same advice for my new Bays from an SA at Bicester Village and have had the same results.

Dread to think what is in the stuff tho'. Every time I spray a bag in the garden the smell still ends up in the house...!

Thank you so much! I'm going to go peek at the care card and check if it says to spray or use the gel (they seem to have the gel at the mulberry store.)

I absolutely adore this bag and am about to take the plunge. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a giant and expensive headache to maintain.