tell us your crazy coach story...

Maes

O.G.
Sep 23, 2009
I remeber when I signed up in this forum to find info about a bag I received as gift and fell in love with a great looking unique bag which I saw in someone's avatar. I contacted the member asking for the name and she gave the style number and price info for the bag (thanks so much). However, the bag was in great demand that when I had the money to buy her she was sold out! I started doing what people suggested here. I contacted every boutique in my state and then look for some out of states...nothing...
I also called every department stores to find her and nothing..so like this I spent days...weeks december passed and january came and when I thought I found the bag in nordrostoms' website I bought it; however, they somehow made a mistake and had to cancel my order due to out of stock. Their system was having difficulties making some items available when they weren't (explanation given to me by rep)
When I gave up trying to find her...I decided to check ebay (which I didnt trust much because of the price and fake problems reported)
I saw this listing for the bag I wanted so much but there were many days left and I decided to saved the item and see what happened...obviously the price increased tremendouosly. The last day I decided to check back again and I only had less than 10 minutes to bid...I wasnt winning so I decide to bid exactly what this bag original is priced at...and well time passed and I was the winning bid for this incredible bag. Although I was happy that I had won, I suddenly realized I never checked the seller's background or if the item was legit....The seller had posted blurry pictures of the creed and the main picture was Coach stock photo...
I paid for the bag hoping for the best...When she arrived it was what I was expecting for and more..she was beautiful and as of today this bag still is perfect!! I don't remember any other coach bag that I had so much trouble finding!!!

picture.php

now...tell us your story :biggrin:

I remember obsessively hunting down one of the '08 legacy bags with garcia leather. I finally snagged one that was a boutique return, but it was such a waiting game . . . lots of calls to various stores and outlets.

I also called my local outlet every day for at least a month in search of a black peyton. I finally gave up!

Your bag is lovely, Maes! Well worth the chase!

My story is similar Maes.

Early last year I fell in love with the Lilac Legacy Flap Hobo #13203, and kept checking it on the Coach website. But it was expensive and while I was thinking about it, it disappeared from the website.

Shortly there were reports here that it was at the outlets, however my closest outlet was like a two hour drive on a good day. I was extremely busy at the time and couldn't take the time to drive right then, but I called all the outlets within a reasonable distance and none of them had the bag. One of them offered to call me if one came in, so I left my name & number. About 3 weeks later I got the call (on my message machine) but because I was so busy with other things there was no way I was driving the 3 hours to this outlet to pick up the bag anytime soon. So sadly I just decided to pass on it.

Weeks later I was still thinking about that bag so I checked ebay and there were several up for sale. I found one seller with excellent feedback and although the price was about $100 over the outlet price, I thought it a reasonable price considering the seller was entitled to a profit for their time and trouble. So I bought it and it arrived in about 3 days in perfect new condition!

Here's one, NMA...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-LILAC...tem&pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3352018108

For me it was my camel patent audrey. She was Japan exclusive and only released on the website in Japan. I wanted her so so much but when I phoned jax they wouldn't sell it to me and said that it was japan exclusive. I was so so sad.
Months went by and I phoned Jax just to see what color of leather audrey's they had left in the warehouse.... I was hoping for the anthracite in the smaller size.... and the rep was saying, plum, black, bone... and then patent Jade and patent CAMEL!! I almost fell over. So I ordered the camel on the spot.... but the cliff hanger... she was the last one at Jax.. Literally ONE left. So they couldn't promise me that I'd get it.. what if the inventory was out and there really wasn't one left... or what if somebody ordered it out from under me before they picked it for me??? It took about 24 hours for them to confirm that she was mine! Even the customer service rep was excited about it when she told me that it was mine! We "yayed" together.
I miss my camel audrey. She yellowed on me really really badly a couple of months after I'd gotten her. I am still sooo sad about losing her. It was soooo hard to leave her on the counter at the coach store and say goodbye.. forever. (you'd almost think that she was like one of my children lol).

DSC_7431.jpg

Well, my story is how I ended up getting one of my most beloved bags in my collection, the pearl croc embossed sydney.

called and called and called around and no luck....:crybaby:

Then one day I decided to try again and.... :faint: an outlet 3 hours north of my house had her.

drove on a work day (I teach grad classes at night) to get back and forth on expressways in construction zones, 3 hours each way, :supacool:to get her. Upon arrival, i found her to have permanent creases in the flap and though I took her with me, i was not too happy about it.:pout: the creases looked bad and i knew nothing would get them out.

then the phone rang a couple of days later...an outlet 3 1/2 hours south of me had a pearl croc sydney and did i want her? Well, i asked if she looked creased or not...was put on hold, then SA comes back and tells me that 1 of the 3 bags looked "perfect" and she put it on charge hold for me.

so my DH and I on a beautiful spring day in April went to get her (I didn't DARE tell my DH that I had a dented one in our closet and that earlier in the week, i drove over 6 hours to get this bag in the first place). so thru the fields and wind farms we drove :broom: to go and get this "perfect" pearl croc sydney. and when we got there, perfect she was:sweatdrop:

and so we drove back on that beautiful day and my DH said, "What guy would drive this far and this long to get a handbag for their wife?" And of course I paid him a huge compliment when I responded, "You, dear!" and he did admit it was one of the nicest bags I now owned, let alone the nicest bag he thought he'd ever seen. I just chose not to answer when he later asked, "Actually what PERSON other than you or I would drive this far and this long to get a handbag?"

so a couple of days later, before i headed to work, i went to the outlet 20 mins from my house to return the first bag i got on my trek up north...and just when i got done returning her, there on the shelf was an absolutely perfect, gorgeous looking pearl croc sydney in the clearance section.

I guess it was just meant to be....

My DH being the hero of that memorable week, in April, I mean. :love::kiss:

The first time I saw this beautiful bag was on tPF... it was a new like that Coach was introducing and she was stunning, I just had to have her... The bag was not being sold yet so I could not get her... She would be avail for my B-Day and so I told DH that is what i wanted, he told me I had enough bags and he would not get it but I was sure he was kidding so I had my SA contact him... Well a three of the bags at the store sold out and nothing... I just new he would get it, must have gone to some other store, when my B-Day came and I got something else, I was like what is this...

I went to my store and the bag was fully sold out... I tried to forget about her but no way was that happening... So a few weeks later I went to my Sa Carmen and told her I had to have the bag... she called Jax (not a one) then she started calling stores... She found two in Cali both damaged the she found another one in another store in Cali this one was perfect... so I got her shipped.. Oh when she arrived I was so releaved..

MAGGIE SAFFRON (NOT MADISON)

user215093_pic56993_1273272269[1].jpg

Well, my story is how I ended up getting one of my most beloved bags in my collection, the pearl croc embossed sydney.

called and called and called around and no luck....:crybaby:

Then one day I decided to try again and.... :faint: an outlet 3 hours north of my house had her.

drove on a work day (I teach grad classes at night) to get back and forth on expressways in construction zones, 3 hours each way, :supacool:to get her. Upon arrival, i found her to have permanent creases in the flap and though I took her with me, i was not too happy about it.:pout: the creases looked bad and i knew nothing would get them out.

then the phone rang a couple of days later...an outlet 3 1/2 hours south of me had a pearl croc sydney and did i want her? Well, i asked if she looked creased or not...was put on hold, then SA comes back and tells me that 1 of the 3 bags looked "perfect" and she put it on charge hold for me.

so my DH and I on a beautiful spring day in April went to get her (I didn't DARE tell my DH that I had a dented one in our closet and that earlier in the week, i drove over 6 hours to get this bag in the first place). so thru the fields and wind farms we drove :broom: to go and get this "perfect" pearl croc sydney. and when we got there, perfect she was:sweatdrop:

and so we drove back on that beautiful day and my DH said, "What guy would drive this far and this long to get a handbag for their wife?" And of course I paid him a huge compliment when I responded, "You, dear!" and he did admit it was one of the nicest bags I now owned, let alone the nicest bag he thought he'd ever seen. I just chose not to answer when he later asked, "Actually what PERSON other than you or I would drive this far and this long to get a handbag?"

so a couple of days later, before i headed to work, i went to the outlet 20 mins from my house to return the first bag i got on my trek up north...and just when i got done returning her, there on the shelf was an absolutely perfect, gorgeous looking pearl croc sydney in the clearance section.

I guess it was just meant to be....

My DH being the hero of that memorable week, in April, I mean. :love::kiss:

LOVE this story! What a great hubby you have! So sweet!