Tell us the story of how you got your Birkin...

Mar 25, 2006
We all know how hard it can be to aquire a Birkin. I have yet to really even try as I want to set aside the money before the hunt begins. I know when or if I get a Birkin it will be from persistance of visiting my local Hermes store hoping that I luck out eventually. :sweatdrop:
Anyway I would love to hear all of your stories on how you got your birkin or birkins!! Maybe it will inspire me!:love:

I think I was really lucky. My second time ever into an H boutique (and not even the same one) I found the Kelly of my dreams. While there, they showed me a green croc birkin. I dragged my mother in and asked them about it and they brought it out and she bought it! First Hermes purchase ever. While that was going on, I placed an order for a Gold Togo 35cm GH Birkin, which came in 6 months later. I am still in awe of it all!

My first Birkin was a 40cm in Gold. The leather was the discontinued Courchevel - it resembles Ardennes leather in that it is an embossed leather and the 'grain' is not dissimilar. It was used very gently by a friend living in Switzerland who had so many Birkins. I pestered her to sell me one of them...and within a week, a Birkin came via DHL. You cannot believe my excitement. I was 26 years old at the time and I was in heaven. I had to pay for it myself so the feeling of euphoria was probaby a mixture of shocking disbelief and ecstasy. I actually had to take the rest of the day off to sit in my room and admire my new baby. I stroked and sniffed and took her out that very afternoon to luncheon. You cannot imagine the gawks.....I jumped from Louis Vuitton and Prada right to a Birkin!

Sadly, I sold her two year later to finance my current Birkin, a 40cm in Havane in Chevre de Coromandel. I sometimes miss my first Birkin. :crybaby: