tell me why i shouldn't get a luminuse pm!

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Please convince me that I don't need this bag... I'm losing the willpower! I'm trying to convince myself that I would be happy with the westminster and that its a much friendlier price point for me right now... but the aube is sooo pretty! So folks, please give it your best shot! I thank you now and will likely thank you later if you are successful!

I can't help you, I love my Lumi. You have to get what you love and I saved until I could get my Lumi. I love Infini, but the Aube is beautiful...I am just not a purple person. Good luck:smile:

i m third who cant help you.. i love my lumi so much you can carry it in 3different way, its so soft and undestatement... its the perfect bag! save up until you can get it ;)

Just got the Westminster for Xmas and i love it. Right size, Handheld and shoulder bag in a pinch, relatively new style and not too common, has two phone pockets, one for my bb and one for my iPhone and nice price point. What's not to love! But girl the Lumi in Infini now that's TDF! It's my next purchase. Infact, I'm kind of regretting buying Gucci Sukey last week instead of putting the money towards the Lumi, but man was that Sukey calling my name or what? I'm trying to see how long I can hold out for! I guess what I'm saying is that both are excellent choices and you can't go wrong.

Let me try to help you.

While the lumi is TDF...I have read several TPFers who have had issues with the sealant. Not good for such an expensive bag. I tried it on in the store and it was a bit heavier compared to the others I looked at, including the Trevi and Westminster GM. But if you don't carry around too much stuff, this should not be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Let me try to help you.

While the lumi is TDF...I have read several TPFers who have had issues with the sealant. Not good for such an expensive bag. I tried it on in the store and it was a bit heavier compared to the others I looked at, including the Trevi and Westminster GM. But if you don't carry around too much stuff, this should not be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Yes there has been problems with cracking/splitting of the sealant that would make me think twice.
How about the Artsy?

I exchanged my lumi for the artsy after my sealant started cracking. The artsy is mostly sewen in at the seams and isn't as vulnerable for cracks as the lumi was. No problems with the artsy so far!

Asides from the cracks, I thought the lumi was a great bag and it was one of my favorites to use for sure.

I love my Lumi, it's my go to bag. It fits everything and is pretty comfy.

The two negatives are the weight and cracks. Since it's all leather the bag gets heavy if you have a lot of stuff in it. I've noticed cracks in only the handles. To be fair, I have seen this happen to Damier bag handles too.

Hope that helps.

I exchanged my lumi for the artsy after my sealant started cracking. The artsy is mostly sewen in at the seams and isn't as vulnerable for cracks as the lumi was. No problems with the artsy so far!

Asides from the cracks, I thought the lumi was a great bag and it was one of my favorites to use for sure.
i wanted a tote which was why i was considering the luminuse. what do you think caused the cracks??

I love my Lumi, it's my go to bag. It fits everything and is pretty comfy.

The two negatives are the weight and cracks. Since it's all leather the bag gets heavy if you have a lot of stuff in it. I've noticed cracks in only the handles. To be fair, I have seen this happen to Damier bag handles too.

Hope that helps.
oh my really? this is exactly why i didn't want to get the neverfull, the thin straps adn the cracking!

Its nice, but I think the shape of the artsy is more classic than the lumi - which seems to be a trendy bag. Do you think you will be carrying the lumi in 10 years time?

I much prefer the shape and style of the artsy.