Tell me why I should keep the Biblio bag....

MamaToJakers

Live. Laugh. Love.
Nov 15, 2007
I got a black Biblio from the Big Bang Sale. It was a total impulse purchase after a really bad week at work. (oops). While I LOVE it in so many ways, there is a part of me that's unsure. It's bigger than I'd expected, but I usually love big bags. It's sooooo smooshy soft and chewy and pettable. Love the details. I don't love the short drop on the handles - I can fit them over my shoulder but it's not a comfy fit. I don't love the woven handle - it's pretty, but too long for a comfy shoulder carry (for me - I'm very particular about where I like my bags to fall), and it just feels weird on my shoulder. And the bag is slightly heavier than I would like. So I'm completely torn. I keep looking at it and swooning. I've carried it a couple of times, and I can fit everything I need inside, and more, and it's all easy to find. I can throw stuff inside and it doesn't make the bag look bulky. Love the inside pockets, and all the outside pockets. So, many positives, a few negatives (including the price - more than I've ever spent on a bag, so I know that's factoring into my desire to rehome).

So, tell me why I need to keep this bag!!!! Or not. :biggrin:

I have one coming in Grape. I'll probably carry it as a satchel mostly. Almost all of my bags are shoulder bags. I really like having both hands free. However every now and then I can tolerate a satchel so long as it is possible to fit it over my shoulder for a sec when I need my hands free for one reason: the Pit Factor.
I don't always like to have bags nestled in my armpit in hot weather. So I'll probably carry it on hot days in late Spring and Early Fall.
The Biblio just looks so special in photos. Maybe people who already have theirs will have good arguments for keeping it. The special oddball HH bags like the Clara tend to be the ones I'm happiest I kept.

It sounds to me like you are leaning towards selling it....

Does it? I don't even know!! :biggrin: I've tried to rehome and changed my mind a couple of times (yes, all in the span of a few short days).

I am so, so indecisive.

I probably *would* reach for it because my collection is truly minimalist. I have very few bags, so the ones I keep end up getting used a lot. I tend to give up on bags without really giving them a shot, so I'm afraid I'm doing that with the Biblio. If I use it for several days, maybe I'll really love it??

i agree. sounds like you are leaning towards rehoming it since neither strap works for you.

(i love the idea of biblio too and lusted after one until i tried it on at the store. the straps didn't work for me either. the double handles were too short to be comfy and the braided strap kept sliding off.)

i agree. sounds like you are leaning towards rehoming it since neither strap works for you.

(i love the idea of biblio too and lusted after one until i tried it on at the store. the straps didn't work for me either. the double handles were too short to be comfy and the braided strap kept sliding off.)

Yes.......... :sad:

It's so gorgeous, though. But you're right.

Ben PROMISED me I would love this bag, PROMISED me that I would be happy that I didn't cancel. Think he'll take the bag back now that I've carried it, since he couldn't keep his promise? :lol:

Ok here's a test. Get dressed up in your favorite outfit and take the bag out for the day with no i-pod or sunglasses to make you seem less approachable. If at least two strangers compliment it it's a keeper. If people accidentally step on it on the subway it's a loser.
See if people respect its authoritah!

Think of the top 3 words that describe your personal style. Then ask yourself if the Biblio fits your description. If yes, keep it. If no, sell it! I have never regretted selling a bag that wasn't a perfect fit for my style.

Think of the top 3 words that describe your personal style. Then ask yourself if the Biblio fits your description. If yes, keep it. If no, sell it! I have never regretted selling a bag that wasn't a perfect fit for my style.

Oh gosh.....that's a great idea, but I don't even know if I have a style other than "frumpy mom." So, it certainly dresses me up a bit!! And it holds all of the stuff I need to carry for Jakers. It's certainly more stylish than I am....

You sound like me. Mine went back (or will be going back, probably tomorrow, I keep forgetting to print the label). I love love love love love it, but I didn't like it on. It made me really sad that it didn't work out, but if I kept it I would have never carried it due to it being uncomfortable.

I really wanted to like the Biblio, but she's just not for me.. for some reason, its one of their bags I wont have in my collection, just their Havana.. i tried to like it, but just couldnt...

If the straps don't work for you MTJ, it won't be comfortable to carry. Send it back. There will be other bags coming along that you will love, never fear!

I find myself using the two satchel straps; I'm even thinking of removing the shoulder strap as it just rolls off my shoulder anyway.