Tell me/show me everything about the 'Her bag'

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Obviously I am blowing my would-be reveal here

BUT

I am thinking about getting a new-to-me 'her bag' as it looks like a nice option for the Summer day/eve.

This one has a long-ish under-bag and a shorter under-bag both in the same colour.

It looks lovely but I need to know the pros and cons - is there anything you think I should know before I say :yes: ?

BTW I tried doing a search but the word 'her' is too common

Every little thing you would like to share would be much appreciated :flowers::kiss:

Hi there! I have a Herbag and I have to say that I think it's just ok. I find it difficult to get in and out of. You have to undo the two straps and then when done, thread them back through the metal clasp. This is not a bag you can wear with the leather straps undone. Unlike the Kelly, there is no clasp to twist so if the straps aren't threaded through, the bag just flops open. I use mine when I travel and the only reason I still have it because I love the way it looks. For a more functional day/work/playdate bag I use either my GP, Evelyne or 37cm mou Bolide. This is just my opinion...

^^ littlemomai thank you - I thought that might be the case, I think I might have to have a 'play'. I totally wanted your honest opinion :biggrin:

I got a new to me herbag a while ago and absolutely love it!!! I got black leather and 2 black bottoms. When I was looking I wanted a black leather top and did read that the darker leathers sometimes "run" onto the beige bottoms. There are many different sizes/colours combos. I got the backpack style but have only ever used it as a handbag. I just tuck it the longer straps. I love the mechanics of the bag. Some people say it is very frustrating if you want to change bags but I find maybe 5 min not 45. The handle drop is a little tight for me and I did scratch the top when I had my diamond ring on the hand I carry the bag with. So now I just switched what hand I wear that ring on so no probs. The scratch has faded and not noticeable so just added patina :smile: When I was looking I noticed that many bags said "worn corners" so be aware. There have been complaints about a pain to close etc. but I found you dont have to do up the 2 straps, you can just sort of "hook" the bag closed on the metal "clou de selle" and it has never opened on me. The only con is that is does flop over so I lean it on a counter etc. But I love this bag and treasure it. Oh and you can search under herbag for more. There is a new herbag out, but it only come with the 1 bottom, so I much prefer the older style with options. Seems to me that is the hallmark of this bag: 2 options to make it "her" bag.

What size /colour combos are you looking at?

Did you notice my name? Says it all :biggrin:

:nuts: I like that you are so positive.

I am looking at the 28cm tan leather top with two parchment lower bags; one square-ish and the other long-ish. It is also the back-pack style.

I like this colour paticularly because apart from my lovely silver bags (which are great all year round) I only have 2 'good' Summer-only bags, a cream small Chanel 'pretty pretty' tote and a Tods petite lady D (so both dinky/cute types) and most of my bags are more winter 'inspired'. I thought this bag could look great for work or casual play. Canvas always looks 'right' to me in Summer too IMO.

I like the price better too, which won't eat into a certain 'must have' bag fund that must not be touched till later in the year :graucho:

BTW - thank you for you tips although I might have to beg you for an advanced tutorial :P. I'm hopeing that through looking at how one bag comes apart I can work out how to put the other together.

Interesting that they are still selling them, even if it is a new version. I def' think the options make it a great bag esp if travelling.

Is it paranoia or is my English rubbish tonight? If so I'm so sorry, I hope you can piece together waht I'm trying to say.

:sos:

This is one bag I just can not seem to make up my mind about. I don't usually ask for help but in this matter I am all at sea :wondering.

If it was Gucci or Chanel I could tell in a split second whether or not the item was genuine but Hermes I'm not an expert. I saw only one herbag athenticated on tPF and that had a an S stamp - after all no one would apply a sale stamp to a fake bag.

I have 3 more bags on order for this year (2 major and one pure fun). Should I put the money towards the other bags and just carry my silver Bal/Tanner krolle bags for now? Or should I take a gamble?

Does anyone else want to add anything about the herbag before I make up my mind tomorrow?

I am totally :confused1::girlwhack:

Sorry my camera is acting up and I'm unable to get the flash feature working. My honest 2 cents is that you should put the money towards another bag. I don't LOVE my Herbag like I love my others. Since Hermes bags are so costly, you should get the most use out of all of them. Not sure the Herbag is considered a daily-use bag. Is the Herbag you're considering the backpack or handbag version?

^ It's the backpack version but it has a top handle.

I must say when I went to see it IRL on Sat it looked very nice, cute too and I changed the larger bag for a smaller one to see how it worked and whether I could handle it. Fine.

The ? I ask myself is 'would I buy this bag if it wasn't Hermes?'. I love the kelly look but I have other vintage 'kelly' type/inspired bags, better made than this herbag too. Stupid I know but I probably would not carry a Herbag into H to shop :s.

The 'casual for Summer' angle is my strongest argument for, but then Little H said at the H meet "well why don't you just get a leather/toile kelly?" and maybe she's right. Then again if all goes according to my masterplan :graucho: I would love to order a Parchment Sellier as my 2nd Kelly and would I even need a leather/toile or a Herbag once I have my parchment dream. Then again I said to myself "could take a while" :coolio: so why not get the Herbag until then LOL.

AAHHhhhhh :borg1:

I say wait for your Kelly dream bag! If your heart is set on one thing, getting a substitute (an expensive one at that!) wont set your mind at ease. If you find yourself still lusting after a summer H bag while waiting for your dream Kelly, my vote goes to the Garden Party. I love my GP for summer/warm weather. It's casual and a classic H style.

In general, GP's are also easier to procure and you can get one at a great price from a re-seller (just make sure you use the Authenticate This forum and purchase from a reliable reseller...).