Tell me, Show me, ALL about your FAYE

I'm about to receive my first ever Chloe bag, the medium Faye in Motty Grey! The colour is gorgeous however I'm slightly worried about protecting the suede. Should I just leave it, or should I treat it with a suede protector? Suggestions would be very much appreciated!
I recently got a Faye in Motty Grey (see few posts above),
When I first got it, I decided not to protect the suede, I baby my bags like crazy & take really good care of them, so I was not worried about getting it dirty.

When I took it out of the dustbag to wear it for a third time, I noticed there was small blue dye stain on the bag!!! I didn't even know how it got there. But it made me realize that suede is super fragile & difficult to take care of )):

I eventually was able to remove it w/ a cleaner & then I sprayed it with a protector, but still isnt the same condition as I first bought it.

But lesson is, Do treat it w/ a suede protector before anything gets on it.

Reactions: Miss World
I am thinking to get a medium faye, but not sure about the color choice. I want to get something other than black, but it seems like if I want the version with suede flap, it's best to get it in black...
I tried to look for one in dark purple but I guess it is all sold out now :sad:
Does anyone have the suede version in classic tobacco or the new goatskin in version in biscotti beige? Would love to hear your thoughts as I'm feeling so torn!!! TIA :smile:

Hi everyone! :smile: I'm totally a chanel girl but recently started looking at the the Chloe Faye in black small and absolutely love it. Since I live in LA now, I decided to purchase it online at Bergdorf Goodman (to avoid tax lol). I hope they will be shipping me a brand new one from their warehouse so there won't be any scratches.

I do have a question though - listed on the BG website, there is one that is made in spain and one that is made in italy?? Are they same bag?

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Chlo...ements%3D&eItemId=prod113230040&cmCat=product

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Chlo...ements%3D&eItemId=prod105790084&cmCat=product

Also, the descriptions are slightly different. I ordered the one made in spain as I didn't see the one made in italy until now!

Thanks for the info on the leather comparisons! I ended up buying the Caramel Goatskin one - again, I love the look of the suede but the tobacco was just too Orange for me and it's not currently available in Caramel :sad: I'm hoping this will hold up as well my Drew because there is actually very little of the smooth calfskin on this bag (only on the middle pocket and strap, none on the front or back sides of the bag). I tried to take some close up photos where you can see the three different textures:

on the left is the Faye with the grained goatskin exterior and the smooth calfskin middle section (which is what is used on most of the bag in the suede/smooth version) and on the right is grained lambskin of the Drew. I don’t use the Drew EVERY day, but I have used it frequently over the last 6 months and the leather is still pristine. My primary complaint with the Drew is actually the hardware- it scratches so easily!View attachment 3680181 View attachment 3680182

@appletater how is your bag holding up?? It is gorgeous and I am thinking about getting that one. Can you post another pic of it now and not so close up? Thanks!!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I purchased the caramel goat skin Faye from Nordstrom online (where I live there are not many designer stores). I actually am disappointed by the bag and going to return. I found the caramel goat skin leather to be a bit dull in person -in the photos it looks okay but IRL I didn't find it stunning (no offense to anyone who likes their's, the color just wasn't for me). The inner flaps of the bag are a different color - they may be calfskin leather - and they are beautiful. If the whole bag was that color and quality I would keep it. Sadly I think in the brown the bag didn't look like a $1500 bag and certainly didn't want to pay so much for a bag that didn't look like the quality matched the cost :sad:

I would still encourage people trying the bag in a different color but I am really looking for a beautiful brown leather bag so I am going to keep looking! Any suggestions ladies?

20170930_174840.jpg 20170930_174835.jpg

Not sure if this will help you but I've decided not to baby my Faye (I have the same ones as you and tried cleaning it and the suede hardened. :sadface:

Anyway it's a funny story but I had my Faye with me while shopping in Chanel a few weeks ago and I was showing my SA the damaged suede nap. Not sure if she was just being nice but she said she liked the marbled effect and it didn't look that damaged from where she was. I had been fretting over the damage up until then (examining it over and over at home assessing the damage!) but somehow her words made me feel better and now I've just decided to use it whenever the mood strikes. HTH!

Can you please tell me what product you used to waterproof the suede? I was waiting to spray my Chloe bag (with Collinil Waterstop) because I heard many good things about it from Mulberry. I won't risk it if it hardens the suede.

Also after applying the treatment, did you gently brush up the suede nap or leave it? I've seen bristled brushes and crepe-type brushes for suede.

May I ask how the color/suede/bag in general is holding up?
This is the current handbag that I wear. Been wearing them for weeks now and I love it. I have the one with the suede flap, and it gets dirty pretty easily. But usually I clean it with pencil rubber or just a toothbrush. This is the one in dark purple color. And I find it quite versatile with any outfit that I own. I love chic and classic handbag like the Chloe Faye!

May I ask how the color/suede/bag in general is holding up?
I've been wearing this bag for a while now, I guess it holds up pretty well. The color is still gorgeous, the leather is still nice with minimum scratches (I don't baby my bag), the suede is still pretty good. Lately I've been using a suede protector spray. I think this is one of my favorite bags ever. There are few additions to my collection, but I always come back using this bag.

If you don't like to baby your bags, I suggest you don't choose lighter colors, and choose darker color like black or silver blue. That way, the suede will more durable and not get dirty easily.

In fact, I like this bag so much, I just ordered the faye backpack in silver blue! I'm so excited I can't wait to see it in person!

Reactions: muggles
I've been wearing this bag for a while now, I guess it holds up pretty well. The color is still gorgeous, the leather is still nice with minimum scratches (I don't baby my bag), the suede is still pretty good. Lately I've been using a suede protector spray. I think this is one of my favorite bags ever. There are few additions to my collection, but I always come back using this bag.

If you don't like to baby your bags, I suggest you don't choose lighter colors, and choose darker color like black or silver blue. That way, the suede will more durable and not get dirty easily.

In fact, I like this bag so much, I just ordered the faye backpack in silver blue! I'm so excited I can't wait to see it in person!
Thanks for the detailed answer. Would you recommend the purple plum for an everyday bag? I don’t baby my mags. But plain black isn’t the perfect color -at least for me- on this bag.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the detailed answer. Would you recommend the purple plum for an everyday bag? I don’t baby my mags. But plain black isn’t the perfect color -at least for me- on this bag.

Thanks in advance
Purple plum is gorgeous! It doesn't get dirty easily too, I think. For an everyday bag, it depends what majority colors on your wardrobe. If you have neutral colors clothes,then it will be a good statement bag for you.