Tell me I didn't need it...

Punkkitten

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
I need reassurance that i did the right thing - purse forum wise that is.

I stopped into my local Coach Factory store to pick up a wristlet as a Christmas present for my sister. As I was roaming around in the clearance section, I found a dark brown maggie with gold hardware. Very stunning bag. The SA then tells me from its already marked down price of 339.99 it would be 50% off, plus an additional 20% with coupon for the day making it about 135. I carried it around the store for a bit, struck some poses in the mirror, but decided it wasn't for me. I seem to have difficulty keeping double strapped bags on my shoulder, that and I did just purchase a vintage suede hobo off of evil-bay. Please tell me that made the right choice...even though it was a lovely bag and an amazing price if i didn't "feel right" with it it wasn't worth buying....

If it didn't feel right, it would have either stayed in your closet or you would have returned it anyway. Either way, it would have been a waste of money. At least with your Vintage hobo, you'll love it :smile:

You made a good choice FOR YOU!

For me, a bag has to be love at first sight (either on comp or IRL) and I have to get those funny feelings of anxiety that I need this bag (lol). If you find yourself thinking about it a week from now, go back and check. If not, it wasn't meant to be :smile:

i always seem to come home thinking about 'that bag' that i had in my hand but left in the store. for a little while i think about it, but you know as well as i do that something else will come along in no time.

i read it on tpf somewhere, and i'm sorry i forget who to quote, but this has stuck with me since i read it: 'i'd rather have a couple of full priced purses that i love than a closet full of bags that were great buys'

Always ask yourself, "am I buying this because it is a GOOD DEAL or because I really love this bag and HAVE to HAVE it".

Note to self: crazy4coachbags...START TAKING YOUR OWN ADVICE...LOL! ;)

I fall victim to buying only because it was a good deal and end up returning later, all the time.

You did the right thing. I couldn't get the straps on the Maggie to stay on me either. But look at it this way....you could spend $135 (and yes, that's a great deal) but if you end up not using it very often because of the straps then it's not worth even $25....let alone $135.

Don't get caught up in the it's on sale thing. If it's right you will know it. If it's not then move on and use that money for something else you will love. I never cared for the Maggie so I'm glad you didn't buy it.....LOL I hope that made you feel better.

Ita. If you really wanted it, it would be in your closet. If you think about it, you could put the $135 towards something thats a little pricey-er but that you REALLY want. This is what I tell myself everytime I leave the outlet.