Tell me/force me to use my bag!!

monokuro

O.G.
Aug 4, 2007
Okay.. so it's been over a year since i've gotten my lovely little damier speedy 30.. but I've only used it like.. couple handful of times.. (like.. not even a months worth use throughout the whole year!)

I think it's because i'm just so afraid of abusing it or something bad happening to it! But I know that LV's are pretty sturdy and strong.. but I still can't get over it. :crybaby:

I really want to use her all the time and just use her! but I can't seem to get that through my head. :faint:

Any of you guys have any comments on (reassuring) me on how sturdy these speedy bags are?? :biggrin:
Maybe some personal 'horror' stories that your personal speedys went through and survived!!

I would appreciate it a lot! :tup:

well... if you don't start using it.... you can give it a better home.... like mine! :graucho: But seriously, nothing is going to happen to your speedy.... unless you decide to drag it along a jagged ground... then maybe something will happen to it.

^i have a trevi and carry it weeks at a time..it is very durable!!! so is my mono speedy 30 and I carry that constantly..even with the vachetta and nothing bad has happended to other than falling on the ground and it survived just fine!

Well, I don't have any horror/war stories of my Damier Ebene Speedy 30, because I, like you, haven't gotten even a month's worth of use out of her in a year. But really, that's only because since I'm a student, so I don't have a lot of days that I carry a bag on my arm. My Speedy's for fun time (and on the rare occassion, work/school).

But don't be afraid to use her! She's built to last! I mean, you have no vachetta to worry about and it's mostly canvas, so the elements will roll right off her. Have no fear, use her well! :tup:

I felt the same way with my first LV. I had never spent so much on a bag before.
I felt I had to "save it" for something. :confused1:
One day, my husband (at the time) said, "What are you worried about? It's a PURSE, for **bleep* sake! Why did you buy it if you're not going to use it?"
That woke me up.

You already bought it. Time to use it !

This will make you feel so much better. I have many Chanel bags, a lot in lambskin. They are sooooo fragile. Damier is the most sturdiest no maintenance bags ever. You could run them over and they still hold up. I have been using my damier NF a lot and it looks brand new. I have a Trevi , I need to break out. Use your speedy. I dont use my Chanels because I am scared, but your speedy needs to be loved!!

The Damier Ebene is very low maintenance - it holds up extremely well so long as you take reasonably good care of it. There's no need to baby it very much really. And since you've invested so much, you MUST make sure you make the most of it! :yes: Just enjoy your bag and don't worry so much.

Well, I have had my damier speedy for over a year now and I use it as my everyday bag.......I'm defintely not the kind of person who "baby's" their bag cuz my bag has literally been thru rain, sleet, snow and applesauce (don't ask:rolleyes:).......but in the end my bag still looks and feels as good as new, so no worries use it:biggrin:.......hope I was helpful!:shame:

I use my LV speedy for everything. I stuff my lunch in it and I've dropped all over the place. I worry about being too delicate with it if I were you.

Oh my gosh, my damier Speedy is the one I use all the time so that I don't mess up my mono bags (vachetta). Don't be afraid to use your ebony Speedy. They are EXTREMELY durable. No problem - I promise! I use my damier Speedy all the time. In the rain - and it goes everywhere with me. Don't get me wrong, I don't abuse it, but still it's really the best all around all use bag!

Love her, use her! Nothing bad will happen. I have a Damier Ebene and she's my go to bag. No matter what the weather, she's just fine. When I don't want to take out my vachetta bags, I take my Damier Ebene Speedy and "no worries". These bags are made to last, what's the point of investing in LV if you aren't going to enjoy them? You can read on any Speedy thread how long these bags last, long enough to be handed down from mother to daughter. Enjoy, life's too short not to enjoy your wonderful bags!

Damier Ebene is terrific and wears so well. I've used a papillon 30 out in the snow, on the subway, on vacation-stuffed in my suitcase, you name it. It comes back to life every time and survives just fine. Just use it. No need to baby it. It's meant to be used and loved!