tell me-Am I insane to buy more LV bags?

I think at some point we bag hags go through this phase, especially with LV :smile:

I used to feel the same way, buying one purse after the other. I am an impulsive bag shopper, hehe. Then hubby complained about the lack of closet space haha.
One day, I decided to take all my bags out of the closet and was quite surprised that in just a year I have amassed quite a lot, and I am not even using a lot of them.
I gathered the courage to segregate the bags that are always inside the closet, or those that I thought did not suit my needs anymore, or those I thought to be dated, then sold them.
It was difficult letting go at first, but once I started doing this, I felt relieved (for want of a better word). Now I have trimmed my collection according to my needs without sacrificing wants...and have limited myself to one or two bags a year. And I couldn't have been happier.

:sos: we need an intervention... Why don't you try what I did... the last time I made a LV purchase was last year... I banned myself from after the Christmas sales, and well I have bought nothing since... It is really hard, but all you have to do is think of something else, like.. umm... Something else that you like, other than LV... I have been to the store and such, but I simply don't whip out the $$ and purchase stuff... All you need is some self control, best of luck, and I hope that you can 'control' yourself... Oh another good thing is read this: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...ence-hermes-groupie-s-leather-book-49095.html this is what sent me to the orange side and well, made me think, should I take the leap or not... (this dilemma of mine has been in my head of about 3 months now, it really deters you from shopping!!)

I can't stop. This LV addiction is BAD! So far in my collection: denim pleaty, neocabby (black denim?), manhattan PM, bellevue PM, rivington PM, BH, mono artsy, mono galliera, empriente artsy, mc courtney, azur berkeley, favourite mm, NF azur, mon mono speedy, mon mono NF, delightful GM, Trevi GM, blue speedy kusama. 3 wallets : mono sarah, azur international, blue vernis zippy and 2 cles - red kusama and little mono one. Now I want either delightful PM or Totally MM and have no idea why. I also think about a DE NF and a zippy wallet either in mono or DE. I feel this is getting quite excessive. Thoughts and opinions? I'm not selling any!

It is not healthy when things get out of control. Maybe you should stop buying and enjoy what you have for a while. I know that many people think that as long as money is not an issue there are no problems, but I don't think that addiction to buying more and more stuff is that innocent. It heps to stay away from TPF to do that.

I use the galliera PM the most because it is just the right size. And is quite comfortable to carry. I love my mon mono Speedy and mon mono NF but have never used them :sad: Three of my favorites are my Trevi GM, Delightful GM and empriente Artsy (blue). But I don't carry much and while I love how they look on me, the Trevi is extremely heavy. My two azur bags - NF and berkeley are stunning but i'm afrraid of color transfer as I wear a lot of dark denim. My blue kusama is special and I'd carry this week but rain is in forecast for every day. Finally, the manhattan, BH, and 2 denims are a little dated but I still like them. My courtney is funky and extremely heavy but a real statement piece! Favourite is good for evenings and when I travel lightly and bellevue is a cool color blue but a weird shape.

I still want either the Totally MM or the Delightful PM and a mono zippy or DE zippy to complete my collection. I really say I will stop after the next 2 items. Today I'm leaning toward the Totally MM and the DE zippy. I just might get them in December and then I will ban myself for the year 2013!

I use the galliera PM the most because it is just the right size. And is quite comfortable to carry. I love my mon mono Speedy and mon mono NF but have never used them :sad: Three of my favorites are my Trevi GM, Delightful GM and empriente Artsy (blue). But I don't carry much and while I love how they look on me, the Trevi is extremely heavy. My two azur bags - NF and berkeley are stunning but i'm afrraid of color transfer as I wear a lot of dark denim. My blue kusama is special and I'd carry this week but rain is in forecast for every day. Finally, the manhattan, BH, and 2 denims are a little dated but I still like them. My courtney is funky and extremely heavy but a real statement piece! Favourite is good for evenings and when I travel lightly and bellevue is a cool color blue but a weird shape.

I still want either the Totally MM or the Delightful PM and a mono zippy or DE zippy to complete my collection. I really say I will stop after the next 2 items. Today I'm leaning toward the Totally MM and the DE zippy. I just might get them in December and then I will ban myself for the year 2013!

Maybe you should sell your Azur NF since you're afraid of colour transfer and buy an all-weather bag like the Portebello GM instead of Totally/Delightful. It will be a lot lighter than your Trevi GM.

even when you're an LV "lover", there is such a thing as "excessive". we all have two hands, and two arms and 7 days in a week. how many times can you actually make use of one within a week? you certainly cannot carry more than your 2 arms can allow.
If you can afford it and you like it, by all means enjoy it.
But if you're questioning your own obsession, it may be wise to take a step back.
it may be important to note that you already have both 2 neverfulls and delightful and you're thinking of another delightful in PM and another neverfull in ebene.

I commend the will, but I've heard this before (from me) :roflmfao:

I agree! I don't think there is a magic # to have but it depends on everyone. Some people use every single one of their bags and would notice if it was missing in their closet and others seem to get a "rush" outta just buying. Not getting too deep into it, but why don't you take a break from purchasing and see if it's really something you want or a feeling that will go away? I'm kinda in the same boat- wanting everything in sight that sparkles! HAHA so I've really written down a list with how I would use it and if it would benefit me and tried to narrow it down. Good luck!
I also agree. I'm just now starting my collection, and I want EVERYTHING in sight:drool:! I was warned that it can become an addition.

This is the reason why I decided to save up for my purchases. Every week I put aside 20 Eur which will go towards my bag of preference.

I've been saving for my Eva for months now, and next Thursday is D-Day. I'll make a fun 'me' day out of it ... Lunch ... LV visit ... It will be great.

At my 'saving rate' my collection grows slowly. But it gives me months to contemplate on what I want. I see so many tPFers exchanging their bags, regretting their purchases, and so forth. My silly saving method helps me to make a well thought out purchase I remain pleased with.

I think OPs collection is huge and she doesn't even know why she needs it, it's a bag to throw on another pile of bags. As others said, this is behaviour which is quite troublesome and instead of a bag, I'd recommend therapy to find out what 'gap' you're trying to fill.

Although the statement 'you only live once' is a valid one, it doesn't mean we should not exert any self control.

Use your common sense OP. You don't need more bags. There is more out there that's worth spending money on.