Tell me about your work bags

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What are you using? What have you tried in the past that doesn't work for you?

I'm on the hunt for a new work bag, I've looked at Coach, I'm thinking about an LV Neverfull or a YSL Dowtown so far.

Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

2. Right now I'm using a Hayden-Harnett flight tote thanks to the vicious winter weather-- in the summer I use a Balenciaga Part-time or a YSL Muse 2 depending on how much stuff I have to carry. Personally I like the style of the Muse 2 better but the Balenciaga holds more files/folders/etc and is better as a business travel tote.

3. I use Tod's d-bag media tote. It fits my laptop (with Tumi sleeve), my umbrella, and my agenda as well as my power supply for my computer.

4. I have a Gucci tote I like to use for work papers and/or laptop. It's the GG material, so weather is not a problem and the handles are perfect for shoulder OR arm. Right in that perfect middle ground.

I've had to move from shoulder to arm due to neck/shoulder problems, so I usually carry my Lindy with my "purse stuff" and the tote.

5. I have a Chanel GST in caviar and a Mulberry Bayswater which hold my lenovo laptop, wallet, cosmetic bag, keys and cell-phone.

6. I've been using Mulberry for a while now as they are so tough they can withstand anything, and they're so heavy noone can steal them...

7. #7 Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    Usually a LeSportsac Tote but lately I've been using a HH for Target canvas bag. I don't like to bring nice leather purses to work because we've had things stolen from even locked offices, plus I work in a hospital (which I consider all areas to be dirty).

8. i used to use an HH dominique satchel. now i switch between my ignes ormala and my mandarin duck nylon messenger bag.

9. An ABRO caramel leather backpack--I work at a University in student services, though, so a backpack isn't too casual (not like I'd care even it it were, really--I've been a shirt-and-jeans chick for about 35 years now).

10. Thanks for the tips, Ladies. I think now for sure I want a shoulder strap/messenger strap with the bag.