Tell me about your watch

louiseg123

Apr 19, 2008
Hey
I'm getting a watch for my birthday but don't really know about what looks good in terms of watches?
I'd like it to look good and that's my only requirement :smile:
What's your watch like?
+ Photos would be nice :biggrin:

My everyday watch is the Bulova men's 96e03. This watch is gorgeous and affordable, and I can't say enough about it. My more special watch that I only break out on special occasions is a 1964 Rolex Air King Date that belonged to my grandfather and was passed down to me by daddy.

I guess what you should get all depends on what you like and what your budget is! ;) If you like the chunkier boyfriend watch look, I would look into Bulova and Michael Kors.

My new everyday watch is a Cartier Roadster Ladies! I love love love it, Its very comfortable to wear (not heavy) and its not a small watch either, nice size for me =)
It dresses up and down quite nicely! I love it!

Midsize Cartier Tank Francaise! I think it is truly one of the best looking watches of all time. I don't take it off - I wear it to Yoga and Pilates classes, in the shower, bathtup, grocery store, dinner, movies, etc. Whether you are dressed up or down, It looks great with everything.

I have a few my favorite is my Cartier Santos its the one with the rubber so its quite sporty. I have a Rolex and panerai but the Cartier is light and comforty and it doesnt get banged as much at work.

Midsize Cartier Tank Francaise! I think it is truly one of the best looking watches of all time. I don't take it off - I wear it to Yoga and Pilates classes, in the shower, bathtup, grocery store, dinner, movies, etc. Whether you are dressed up or down, It looks great with everything.
So, Cartier mid-size tank is really water proof? When you shower and sweat a lot, does the water steam up the cover?

Thanks.

I think, technically, Cartier says it is "water-resistant" up to 100 ft (not water proof), but I have not had any problem with it steaming up the cover in the bath or shower or from sweat. If I were going swimming, I might take it off just as a precaution, but I think it's fine for showers and baths, etc.

For everyday I wear a white gold Rolex with a white face and a Jubilee band. It is so comfortable that I don't even know it is there.
I used to have a Raymond Weil watch that was very nice and comfortable, that is another good brand to try.
Michele watches are a good, stylish brand.

I have a vintage Rolex datejust and a Cartier Tank Francaise. Both are 'everyday watches' but the Cartier has a more chique appearance. But the Rolex is a better and sturdier watch. Both are in stainless steel.

My everyday watch is a Rolex Yachtmaster midsize, SS/platinum combo. The size is great. Small enough to be feminine, chunky enough to be sporty, and Rolex watches were designed to be sporty, right? This is also the ONLY sports model Rolex makes in a women's size. I also like the platinum dial, which is different and only available on the YM. And it has just the right amount of bling (and the markers are large enough to read, even in the dark). It gets noticed, but people don't immediately think "Rolex" when they see it, because it is not a common model like the Datejust. I hope to eventually get another Rolex, possibly the Datejust 31mm midsize in everose or SS, or a combo.

DSC02068.jpg

My first good watch and really everyday watch was an omega mini constellation. I also have a concord la scalable w diamond bezel and markers. Both are laying around with dead batteries. now I'm wearing one of DH's baume and mercier automatics. And just today I finally ordered my Maurice lacroix , grand guichet

My first good watch and really everyday watch was an omega mini constellation. I also have a concord la scalable w diamond bezel and markers. Both are laying around with dead batteries. now I'm wearing one of DH's baume and mercier automatics. And just today I finally ordered my Maurice lacroix , grand guichet

My everyday watch is a Rolex Yachtmaster midsize, SS/platinum combo. The size is great. Small enough to be feminine, chunky enough to be sporty, and Rolex watches were designed to be sporty, right? This is also the ONLY sports model Rolex makes in a women's size. I also like the platinum dial, which is different and only available on the YM. And it has just the right amount of bling (and the markers are large enough to read, even in the dark). It gets noticed, but people don't immediately think "Rolex" when they see it, because it is not a common model like the Datejust. I hope to eventually get another Rolex, possibly the Datejust 31mm midsize in everose or SS, or a combo.

I completely agree! I recently traded in my Ladies' size Yachtmaster for the Midsize version. I used to have the standard Ladies 18K/SS with the Jubilee bracelet and everyone commented on it. No one even notices the Yachtie - which is fine with me. I also have a Cartier Roadster that I wear for more formal occasions and when I want to look fashion-y (I have lots of straps to play with). I bought a Panerai PAM112 last year and that's a fun watch too. Hardly anyone comments on it when I wear it, but if my BF wears it - lots of people comment.