Tell me about your LV bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've really been enjoying reading about everyone's LV collections on this forum!

One thing I would like to learn more about is your specific LVs - how you wear them, what occasions you find they work best for and which are your most favorites. Speaking as someone with a comparatively smaller collection, it's interesting for me to learn more about how everyone incorporates their beautiful bags into their lifestyles ❤

Right now I have 3 LV purses, 2 pochettes and 2 SLGs. I feel pretty purse content at the moment but I constantly admire other people's gorgeous LVs and am sure I will add more someday in the future

1. Mahina Noir XS - My everyday bag. I love how versatile it is since it can be worn crossbody or as a shoulder bag. It's perfect for running errands. I know some people hate having a zip and a buckle but I prefer the extra security since I live in a big city. Plus it's seriously Mary Poppins sized - even my fiancé agrees that this purse contains 20 cubic feet even though it does not look like it from the outside. I love the look of it - the print is subtle and it has a little bit of structure with the buckles but it's also very pretty and smooshy
    2. Mono Neverfull GM - My travel bag. I don't enjoy using duffel bags so this has been perfect for weekend getaways since I can fit two days worth of clothes, a laptop and toiletries...and it's still never full. I've gotten close though! And I like that you can cinch in the sides and wear it with a completely different look
    3. Mono Manhattan PM - My first and most favorite bag! This is the one that made me a LV LoVer. I know buckles are polarizing but I love the front buckled pockets - so useful for little things that you might want to access and don't want to dig through your purse to find like lip gloss. And I love that it is structured while my Mahina is not. I don't use top handle bags everyday like I use totes or crossbody styles but I love it on nights where I'm dressing up
    4. Mono Pochette - Mine gets loads of mileage - either as a pouch in one of my other bags or as a clutch on its own. I also have a long vachetta strap so I can wear it as a casual crossbody and a metallic chain strap that I borrow from another non-LV purse if I want to wear it as a shoulder bag
    5. Vernis Baby Blue Lexington Pochette - My "something blue" wedding clutch. Such a cute color and also something we can keep in the family as a future "something borrowed" item in case anyone else LoVes it too. And I can use the various straps that I use on my mono clutch for this pochette
    6. Mono Cles - I keep it attached to the D-ring in my Mahina for coins and receipts. Great purse organizer type piece!
    7. Mono Business Card Holder - I use it as a mini-wallet when I go out with just a pochette or a clutch since my regular wallet is checkbook sized. The b.card holder has pockets for cards and ID and then I fold cash into the main compartment

Tell me more about your LVs!

2. Wow, you have quite the collection! I bought my first LV last fall, a Delightful MM in mono. I'm paranoid about staining the vachetta when it rains though, so I'm actually in the market for either a Zippy Organizer to use obviously as a wallet and then as a clutch on the rainy doors, or I'm looking into something in Damier Ebene, possibly a Speedy or Neverfull. Just trying to prioritize whether I want my first wallet or a new purse.

3. Marylebone GM- when the kiddies are with me. I haul diapers, formula, water, snacks, burp clothes, and their needs in there

Pochette metis- my goto when I'm out by myself (w/o the kiddies).

Favorite PM - Evening outings (date w/ the hubs): dinners, movies, and etc

Mini Pochettes - quick errands or GNO.

Cles - Work: id, bank card, & door badge

4. I have 2 purses, a pochette, and 1 SLG. Although, I'm try to decide on my next purse.
    My first was a Batignolles Vertical--bought in 2007. This purse still gets a LOT of use. I use it for rainy days (rain doesn't effect the darker patina), days I wear dark denim (I don't want the dark denim transfer on my newer purse), and other days when I need a "beater" bag.
    Tivoli GM--My sunny day purse when I'm not wearing dark denim.
    Pochette NM--I use it as a cosmetic pouch inside my other purses. I have also used it alone in the evenings for dinner out with the husband. I love this piece..maybe more than my purses.
    Sarah wallet--I use it everyday. Love this wallet.
    I'm checking out tpf daily for inspiration for my next bag. I'm looking for one I can use in the rain (with an umbrella...not expecting a soaking) and don't have to worry about denim transfer. At the point, I'm leaning toward the Empreinte Artsy Noir. I'm just worried it may not look appropriate if I carry it during the summer.

5. Mono Artsy- my first LV and still favorite bag. Every day use.

Batignolles Vertical - Pre loved -every day use.

De speedy B 30- Rainy day bag and everyday rotation bag

Portobello Pm- So pretty and care free - Everyday and dinner bag

Mono Pochette - Date/dinner night.

6. #6 Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

I feel like I have a tiny collection compared to many around here! For now I'm happy living vicariously through everyone else's purses which is why I love hearing about how everyone uses their bags :smile:

I always admire the Delightful when I see people carrying it ❤️ Does the Zippy have an open compartment to fit keys, lipgloss, etc? I love the Pochette for that reason! Mine is a hand-me-down from my aunt and it is still in beautiful condition. Definitely one that doesn't show its age and stands the test of time.

The Pochette Métis is so pretty!!! I also love the chains on the Favorite and the Mini Pochettes ❤️

My cousin Erin has the Tivoli GM as well - I love that style!

Have you thought about a different color Artsy if you want something summery? I think it's a gorgeous bag every time I see someone wearing one.

My head always turns when I see the DE Speedy B! One of my best girl friends has a Mono Artsy and I love it too. Such a pretty shape.

7. I have a few bags that I rotate between for everyday bags : Neverfull, Alma, Speedy monogram 30, speedy DE 30.

I have monogram pochette for any days I don't want to carry a big bag or if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking.

I have my monogram key pouch which I always have with me for my keys.

Speedy 40 monogram for weekend getaways.

Keepall 50 monogram for any week long vacations.

8. I have a small LV collection. I recently started to lvoe LV but I also like to venture out into other brands. I probably have about 80 bags that I rotate through throughout the year. Right now, I'm focusing on LV. As far as my LVs go...

My first was the NF GM in DA. I use this as an everyday bag and especially love it when I'm traveling. It also works well as an overnight bag if it's just 1 or 2 nights.

I also have a Palermo PM that I use for everyday as well. Love it especially for work.

My Alma GM in Citron, I just lvoe for everything. Whenever I can use it, I do. It's great dressed up or down. And it's actually very durable.

I have a couple of more LVs that I would like to get before I move onto another brand. But I will definitely be back to LV. They are just so addicting.

9. I have 4 handbags, 3 wallets, 2 cles 1 keyholder and 1 agenda😅

First is the Deauville, my first bag ever..it started to addiction. I use it for when I travel.

Mono neverfull mm- my go to bag for everything it's the most convenient bag...it holds all my things and then some

Delightful mm- my shopping or going out for lunch or casual dinners..I attach my mono cles as a charm and its my most favorite combo.

Speedy azur 30- I use this on occasions during the summer to just run errands im not a fan of the small handles for when I want to go shopping.

Wallets are zippy mono, insolite fleuri, and marie which is my favvvvv.

2 cles damier azur and mono, I hold my credit cards, reciepts, movie stubs, rewards cards

6 key ring holder for my keys of course

And lastly my damier ebene trunks agenda in pm..all my to do lists and notes.😇😇😇

10. #10 Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    I like this thread so I'll chime in..:biggrin: I'll just go through my bags no SLGs.

Speedy DE 30 - I noticed this with my supervisor and ever since then I've been eyeing it and really loving this bag.. I honestly didn't know what brand it was and was embarrassed to ask my boss. At that time I was into Gucci.. I was at SCP mall and passed by the LV store and found this bag on their shelf! I got so excited and walked in there and asked for the price. When I found out it was around $700, I picked it up right there and then! Lol! I thought they were around $1000. Haha!

Mono Artsy - This was a gift from my bf that is now my husband for Christmas in 2007. I chose it btw.. Haha! It was still $1300+ at that time.

Mono Neo - I was just browsing to their store and came across this bag in the middle area once you walked in their store and when I found out it was LE.. I got all excited! It's very functional since it has an adjustable strap that you can put it on your shoulder or wear it crossbody. My then-bf who is now my husband bought it for me just because..:biggrin: My only concern with this bag, it's really heavy! I hardly wear this bag now but maybe one day...

Mahina L in Gris Perle - I was on hiatus then decided to splurge myself with a new bag. I received my bonus from work and decided to check on this vs Chanel.. I bought the Chanel but after a year, I still wanted a bag from Mahina. After that 1 year, the price went up ridiculously that I wasn't sure if I should still go for it. I decided to get a different style Mahina. I forgot what it's called coz I'm guessing it was discontinued. It has a rectangular shape and I got it in very light color, it was around $500 cheaper than L.. I was so worried about the color and I was thinking about the style that I decided to exchange it with something else.. I really wanted the L but it was the price that stopped me but my then-bf was an enabler so I still decided to get it.. Lol! Super love it! My biggest splurge on bags but no regrets! I love the design and how subtle it looks.. Very pretty! Very luxurious.. The smell is divine even up to now! This bag was the reason I got into purseforum.:biggrin:

And because of the forum, I got addicted into LV..

Empriente Artsy in Aube - That same year, my then-bf wanted to get me a matching wallet with my Mahina L on my birthday until he decided to tell me and let me pick what I wanted. I was kinda hesitant with matching bag and wallet.. I decided against it.. Until he told me to check out bags.. And of course! I found this.. Lol! But of course, the price was too much. He said if I would be ok that this bag would be his birthday and Christmas gift then he would buy it for me (my birthday falls in December too).. He also said I couldn't open it til Christmas.. Of course I said YES! Lol! Love love it! I get tons of compliments with this bag especially with the color. I chose Infini first then decided to exchange it with Aube and again, no regrets! Really love the color and style.. But then again, it's heavy! What would you expect for a leather bag? But this is heavier than my Mahina L.

Then I decided I needed something in different style/leather..

Epi Alma GM in Carmine - It was still called MM when I bought it. I wasn't sure with this bag.. I wanted to like it but I wasn't into structured bags until I tried it on.. I really love it! The color is gorgeous too! I also get a lot of compliments when I wear this bag. I bought a strap just so I can put it on my shoulder when emergency arises that I need to use my hand. The strap has been useful for me.;)

Blue Kusama Speedy - I've seen the other colors but since I wanted something blue, I ordered this color from my SA. I put a deposit until I thought I wouldn't get this bag at all coz I guess a lot of people were on the waiting list for this color. Until I got a call from my SA that same day that I was thinking of canceling my order. I guess it was meant to be mine..:biggrin: I get a lot of stares and compliments from people. Some people are asking about it and wondering how come they haven't seen this style before that I had to explain it.

I told myself the Kusama would be my last bag for a while coz I found out I was pregnant and when I was about to give birth, the Ikat came.. There's blue and pink which I thought would be perfect..:biggrin:

Ikat NF GM in Rose Idien - My diaper bag.. I have been using this since the day I gave birth, I see people staring at it and hearing them talking about it.. Maybe some people think it's fake.. Lol! But a lot of people are complimenting it too and telling me they haven't seen this style before. I love it! I just think it's a really gorgeous bag with the pink trim, something different from what you would normally see on NF.

There you go.. My LV bags and story behind them..;D I know it's long.. I hope people will have time to read it. Lol!

I rotate my bags with my other designer bags once a week.. I based it on the weather.. But again, the bag that I hardly wear now is the Mono Neo. If you also notice most of my bags are big.. I love big bags! I thought of getting something small like Eva, I already picked it up then I decided to return it since I wasn't sure if I could ever wear a small bag unless I'm going to a formal party which I hardly attend. I love to bring most of my stuff when I'm going out.