tell me about your JPG birkins please!

1. i mentioned on another thread that i've got a craving for a JPG birkin, and i'm trying to figure out whether it's a passing fancy or something i should get.

so tell me, what do you love about your JPG? anything you dislike? has anyone tried one and discovered it didn't work for you?

i gather they're heavy, but that many of you love them anyway -- so what's the scoop?

thanks! :flowers:

2. Oooh...I'm very interested in the answers as well. I adore the photo thread, but it'll be great to get some feedback from owners who have had their JPG now for a bit and can weigh in on the pros and cons.

3. In my haste to own a Birkin, I came very close to buying a Rouge Clemence 42cm JPG Birkin a few months ago, but I just couldn't do it.

While I think it is more functional than the traditional Birkin, there was something about the shape that I just didn't like. It looked really squatty to me. Also, when I did put it on my shoulder, it was a bit bulky, which made it uncomfortable.

I can see where it would work for some, but it just didn't work for me.

(By the way, I'm glad I held out because I found the exact Birkin I wanted almost exactly one month later!)

4. DQ, I'd given my assessment of the JPG Shoulder Birkin in the photos thread

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/jpg-birkin-anyone-pictures-please-34957-11.html#post974475

It's been 1 1/2 months since I got my shoulder Birkin and I have not regretted a single day that I have it.

I have a renewed assessment though:-
    • It's a wonderful addition to a Hermes collection. It cannot however satiate one's Hermes thirst/hunger for more Birkins or Kellys.
    • I use it on days I want to wear a Birkin but need to keep my hands free e.g. shopping and when I have my kids in tow
    • I love the width (and thank goodness it's short in height) because I can throw alot in there
    • It gets heavy but it should not come as a surprise. We all know that any Birkin that is more than 35cm is heavy, and what more, it's in clemence.
    • I get more stares from passerbys with my shoulder birkin than my 30cm or 35cm.
    I too was concerned initially that it could just be a passing fancy. And you know what I did? I looked at photos of the shoulder birkin for weeks and weeks. And I 'stalked' the ladies I see with the shoulder birkin IRL, and even imagined myself with it. Then I placed my order with my local H store and the rest is history :love: :yes:

5. thanks, mrssparkles -- i've been reading that thread but didn't notice the assesments . . . i was probably just blinded by all the pretty pictures.

can you fit magazines in them? i know it's not tall enough, but flat, maybe?

6. Yes, DQ. You can place magazines on their backs inside the shoulder birkin.

7. I agree with your assessment, mrssparkles. After having my JPG now for 2 months, I still love it.

pros: carried on your shoulder for hands free situations, can fit a ton of stuff (a light jacket, magazines, bottled water, wallet, makeup bag, and still have room for keys, sunglass case, etc), shorter so it makes finding things in the bag a lot easier

cons: weight, esp because my JPG is clemence, a little long which can easily be bumped into by other people :cursing: or I bump it into things

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice