Tell me about your bag rotation!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. We talk a lot about bag rotation on this forum. Tell me about how you rotate your bags. How long do you usually use a bag before you rotate to another? What makes you decide to switch to another bag?
    A lot of you gals talk about not liking it when you have bags that don't get used enough...how much do you feel you need to use a bag to justify keeping it?
    I am rather odd when it comes to my bag rotation. I really just go with how I feel that morning. I don't really worry about matching my outfit or anything. Sometimes I switch bags everyday and other times I just can't make myself move out of a bag for a week or so. I also go through phases with my bags. Right now I can't move out of my Black Patent Peyton, but earlier this month I was stuck in my Editorial Zoe. You just never can tell with me what bag I will be carrying and how long I will carry it. Heck sometimes I switch bags twice a day.

2. I usually try to match my bag to my outfit. Unless I'm in a hurry, then I just go with the bag I had the day before (which happens alot). I've been known to switch several times during a day depending on change in outfits/activities- sick, I know!

3. I coordinate with my clothes, so sometimes that means changing bags at leat twice a day

4. I don't have a specific bag rotation myself. It just depends on where I'm going. If I'm going shopping or know I want my hands free, my choice is automatically Parker Hippie. Now I'm super glad I chose that bag in black because she is my go-to bag a lot! If I know I am going to a restaurant I am usually not that picky, but I try to use something that I know won't get too dirty or absorb smells. Any leather bag or my Heritage Stripe tote fits that category. And if it's an outdoor activity like the beach - definitely has to be my Heritage Stripe or my Hamptons Weekend tote. Totes that carry a lot and are easy to keep clean. I definitely do not like the idea of a sandy Coach bag and these girls can handle a lot. I can even stuff a hoodie into my Hamptons which shocked me! Another category for me is family parties. Now this is where us ladies - aunts & cousins - show off our stuff! It looks like a damn Coach purse party. Last time we got together for the 4th and my aunt had a graphite OP art Sabrina and I had my amethyst one! Haha!

5. I switch with my clothes, but I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes I want to carry a bag so bad that I pick out my clothes based on the bag! :lol: If I really am feeling something, I'll carry it for a bit, but otherwise I switch every one-two days.

6. I don't have a specific rotation. Here is my logic:
    Big, indestructable bag or crossbody when I'm out with the kids
    Small cute bag when I'm out alone
    Going out with friends one of my statement bags ;)
    Usually I will carry one bag for a week or so and then change regardless.

7. My purses are mostly black so I can stick to one a very long time until I feel it's time for me to switch to something fresh :lol: The only thing that will make me switch purses is a party or even. Otherwise, I'm too darn lazy although I own lots of bags.

8. I choose my purse based on my outfit, which for me also means sometimes twice a day.

And I also will pick my outfit based on what purse I want to carry that day.

:lol:

9. I change it when I feel like it. It can be a day or a few months that I use a bag really.

10. Hmm. I change bags both according to mood and according to outfit/destination. I like larger bags for every-day (think large Zoe, Peyton, Francine or Hamptons carry-all), medium sized bags for weekends and shopping (medium Zoe, Carly carry-all, Ali, Legacy Shoulder, Ergo Satchel)... and smaller bags for going out (Bridgit, Soho satchel, madison small hobo, various clutches/capacity wristlets).

If I'm doing something active (need hands) or where I can't put a bag down, I like a cross-body (Heritage Stripe convertible hobo, or classic legacy cross-body).

Whew! :tender:

I love switching out my bags, especially when I know it's going to be a hard day (usually I'll pick a brighter bag-- like teal Francine, or pink patent Ergo Satchel).

11. The first thing I go by is what kind of bag do I need? Dressier, tough enough for the movie theater or ball park (can put on ground if need be), hands-free, big enough for lots of stuff? Then I will think about what goes with my clothing.

12. Ditto here!:biggrin:

13. I maybe the exception. I don't think I do rotate.

I wear a bag for months at a time. Or, when the types of activities I am involved in changes daily, I switch from an everyday bag to a small vintage cross body bag. Or I'll miss my Legacy Hippie and get her out.

The idea of rotation sounds more planned and I am definitely haphazard. Many of my bags don't see the light of day. Ut oh, does that mean I need to get rid of them? ;)

14. I usually just try to match mine to my outfit, at least in general - no black bags with brown shoes.

15. I'm pretty haphazard as well, I wear a bag until I start to feel tired of it, which can be weeks or months, or when there's a different bag I really want to carry. I don't match to my clothes, but I tend to pick bags that are neutral colors and go with pretty much everything I wear. If I'm out with the kids or going somewhere outdoors where my bag might get really dirty or manhandled, it has to be a diaper bag or larger, indestructible, usually non-Coach bag. Before I got into Coach, I used to carry the same bag for up to a year before I'd get tired of it and buy another, now I rotate much more often because I love my Coach bags so much.