Tell me about Virginia

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
I'm contemplating a Aubergine Virginia, but since it's no longer on the website...I have some questions.

Does anyone have the dimensions?

What is the drop on the standard flat straps?

TL: Does your Dk Grey have any reinforcement added. I think the Aubergine is similar in structure.

Any additional info will be appreciated!

Hey, SK! I'll get mine out and measure it for you. I can't remember if I have reinforcement in mine or not. I can't remember asking Maria for reinforcement when I ordered it. It is very structured, no slouching. It's got a bit of give to it which I like but it stands completely on its own. BRB with dimensions!

Strap drop: 8 1/2"
Width (horizontal across front): 13"
Height (top to bottom vertical): 11 1/2"
Depth (side panels): 4 1/4"

Aubergine would make a beautiful Virginia! At one time I had considered it myself!

I agree with TL, Sillykitty.....I considered an aubergine one too, but I had a tad to many purple bags.

The Virginia is a great bag that is so easy to get into. I love being able to drop something into it even when it's on my shoulder. TL makes a good point in that it is structured enough to stand on it's own. I love smooshy bags as much as the next gal, but I love the style of this one.

I love my GIB Virginia....I know I owe pics. By the time I get around to it it will probably be too broken in to post...LOL

Ms. Liz...did you have structured added to GIB II?

I'm torn about adding structure ... the Aubergine is pretty darn stiff, but I'm sure it will break in. The thing is I don't really like the way the added structure in my Royal Purple Ormala feels. It's like the leather wants to smoosh, but the reinforcement won't let it. It feels a little awkward. I don't know if it would be different because the Aubergine is already structured and the Royal Purple is so soft and slouchy.

I think it'd be different since aubergine is already structured naturally. Royal purple wants to smoosh because that's the natural tendency of the leather but the added reinforcement goes against it's 'nature' so to speak. I think that adding reinforcement to aubergine would keep it's natural structure in place as it breaks in. If dark grey has added reinforcement I can't tell, it feels normal to me like it's meant to be as it is. If that makes sense.

I think so because you're only adding something that aubergine already has which is structure but RP doesn't have structure so might not feel 'normal' to you when you wear it. I for some reason have a picture of when a mother stuffs her kid into snowpants, boots, gloves, cap, 5 pairs of socks and thermal underpants and the poor kid can't even move to go out and play in the snow! LOL! That's RP with reinforcement!! haha! I do however still like your RP Ormala and hope you're still happy with it!

So if I decide on the Aubergine Virginia ...what color lining.

Here's the latest I have from Maria on interior suedes..."pink, coral, chocolate, dark green, grey, turquoise, red, brown, black,...I can check for you if you are interested in other ones"

I'm thinking either....

Turquoise (This is Nappa, but using as a color guide)
DSC05482.jpg

Yellow (this is cloth, but maybe yellow suede is in stock, like JRed's Emilia)
DSC05477.jpg

Oh, touch choice! Either works well! I'm so anal about leather and lining combos that I consult my color wheel to choose complimentary colors! LOL! Yellow and turquoise both are complimentary to aubergine. I am thinking it depends on the mood you're wishing to evoke. Aubergine with turquoise feels calmer to me, more peaceful and quiet although it still is bright, not meek. Aubergine and yellow is powerful, strong, cheerful and intense. I like them both but my personality would be more suited to turquoise with aubergine than the yellow with aubergine. Funny though as I love yellow lining! What does your RP bag have? I know your turquoise make up bag has yellow and is gorgeous!

You know, it's funny, My Royal Purple/Dark Purple Ormala has Turquoise cloth, and I don't love it. It's like it's too much brightness or something, idk? So I wasn't even considering doing Turquoise w Aubergine because of that. But when I pulled out the cosmetic bag for pics w yellow, I was surprised that I liked the Aubergine & Turquoise together.

I'm leaning towards yellow. I agree it seems happy. I think Turquoise might be too much w Aubergine, for me at least. BUT, like you, I don't like to repeat linings, and I wanted yellow w the Tinted Wine I'll get someday.

I'm also anal that linings have to compliment each other! I need a color wheel!

Do you like lilac suede lining or do you want a bright lining? You could do lilac with the tinted wine later or you could do lilac with aubergine now. The more I look at the pics, the more I sway toward yellow! I love yellow much more than turquoise which is why my first reaction surprised me! I'm leaning toward yellow with you now!!

This is the fun part but also very difficult! And I love my color wheel! Makes me wish there were more suede linings. The right green would be beautiful with aubergine!

Lilac and aubergine would be luscious! And yes, you'll have yellow for later!

I like tone on tone too which is why I had a hard time deciding on lining for my new tan bag. I think beige would be nice but I like the idea of blue suede lining too. Decisions, decisions! But I figured I could always use beige later.