Tell me about the Galleria PM vs. GM

Cabronita

Oct 12, 2006
Hello everyone. :smile: Please tell me about the Galleria PM vs. GM. I have looked for modeling photos but I cannot find any. I want to add some Damier Azur to my collection, and I love the look of the Galleria, but unfortunately I have not seen one up close and personal yet. I won't be able to make it to a LV boutique to inspect for many months but my sister is going to the USA for a work trip next week and can bring one home from one of the NYC stores if I have my mind decided by then!

Tell me about the sizes-- I know the inch differences, but how about what fits inside?

Which is more comfortable on the shoulder?
Is the PM suitable for carrying on the shoulder?
Does the GM hold so much more than the PM?
I would be carrying this purse for everyday usage, mostly to and from work, but I would also like to wear it on weekends.

Please post modeling photos for me! I will owe you big! :smile:

Thank you in advance and muchas gracias. :heart:

I just tried on both the Galleria in PM and GM, it was PM for me. Definitely. PM looked a little oversized for me, and it is suitable for carrying on the shoulder, seem to be able to fit heaps. However, GM on the other hand, "ate me up". It was just waaaay too big for my frame. I'm 5"3.

This is me trying on both the mono and azur Gallieras in PM size. I also tried on the GM but it looked like a huge laundry bag on me. I am 5'10" tall for reference. I ended up getting the mono PM. I only tried on the azur GM and thought it looked huge. Now that I see this pic of me and the mono PM, I think I probably could have pulled off the mono GM. For some reason, I think the azur pattern makes the bag look bigger.

b184443398.jpg

Thank you ladies. Cindy, THANK YOU for the comparison pic. Wow! The Galleria looks beautiful on you. I hope you bought one.

I think the PM will be better for me. But... oh no... I like regular Monogram now too. Must stay focused. I am shopping for Azur. Hehehe!

I definitely think the PM, especially since you say you want it for everyday use. The GM is HUGE! The PM still holds a ton of stuff and it absolutely fits on the shoulder.

Thank you. I bought the monogram galliera in the PM size. I loooooved the way the azur PM looked on me, but the practical side of me kept telling me that I would seriously be afraid to use it because of the light color.

Thank you ladies. Cindy, THANK YOU for the comparison pic. Wow! The Galleria looks beautiful on you. I hope you bought one.

I think the PM will be better for me. But... oh no... I like regular Monogram now too. Must stay focused. I am shopping for Azur. Hehehe!

Thank you. I bought the monogram galliera in the PM size. I loooooved the way the azur PM looked on me, but the practical side of me kept telling me that I would seriously be afraid to use it because of the light color.

Uh oh...I better be very careful when I get mine. I thought about that too but I have way too many monogram LV. I want to get something different for a chance. ;)

I must be the only one in favor of the GM. I have the Monogram GM and I absolutely love it. I am about 5 foot 8 and I really don't think it looks "huge" on me.. but I am partial to large bags anyway. I think that the GM is very large and has AMPLE room for absolutely anything. The PM is large too so it is whatever suits your needs.