Tell me about the Dooney Outlets

CatePNW

May 20, 2014
I live in the land of no outlets, but plan to visit the Dooney store when I go to Seattle (Tulalip). Are there made for factory bags and bags from the full price line? Do they have a "special" sale every day like 50% off all marked prices, ie: Coach. Not sure when I'm going, but do plan a weekend there some time this fall. Thanks!

I live in the land of no outlets, but plan to visit the Dooney store when I go to Seattle (Tulalip). Are there made for factory bags and bags from the full price line? Do they have a "special" sale every day like 50% off all marked prices, ie: Coach. Not sure when I'm going, but do plan a weekend there some time this fall. Thanks!

There are no MFF bags. All Dooney outlet bags are the same as the fp store ones. The beauty of Dooney vs Coach is that you can do phone orders directly with the outlets & they will either ship from store or directly from the warehouse. The outlets base their pricing on a scale. Depending on color & style the discounts range from 30% to 70% off. All the ladies here are great about price/style notifications but if you find a style you want, you can call the outlet directly. Shipping in the US is a flat $7.50. The SAs at the Rehoboth Beach, DE store are fabulous, esp. Anastasia. You will not be disappointed!

Well, flik got it covered. I will put a five star for Anastasia too, although almost all outlets have really nice SA's. She just goes that extra mile to find you a bag at a great price or color etc.

Also, newer styles of bags are 30% usually, but you cant get them shipped/buy them, until they get out of the retail stores. That goes for new colors too. Right now Im waiting for zip zip satchel in red color with the same colored trim to get out of retail so that I can order it (if I dont change my mind ).

Dooney deals are awesome!

Right now Im waiting on the twist strap hobo at 65% off in ocean blue- full price 298, discounted 104$ plus 13$ for shipping and tax. And a small lexington in retro leather for 93$!!! Also 65% off.

Deals thread is were we post updates on colors and current deals.

Good luck!

I posted this in the other thread, I'll post it again here in case you didn't see it

Most of the bags are the outlet are FP bags. I'd say less than 10% bags are MFF bags. They normally have different % discount by collection and in some collections there will also be discounts by color, like for example, some Florentine colors are 30%, some are 50%, some 60 and some 65. If you see a bag you like at any store, like macy's, write down the style # from the tag and then you can call the outlet and ask for that style to see if they have it, what's the discount and if they will ship it (they don't ship all bags - bags that are currently at retail stores are not shippable).

You will have fun at Tulalip. That's the outlet closest to me. Coach and Dooney are pretty close to each other.

Tulalip, WA is my most favored outlet.

Samantha, Sawyer and Nicole are always pleasant, patient and more than helpful with my calls and questions. And ... they're scouting the lavender florentine satchel for me.😊

There are no MFF bags. All Dooney outlet bags are the same as the fp store ones.

That used to be the case, but no longer. There definitely are some MFF bags at the outlets now. Not as saturated as Coach outlets but as MaryBel said, probably 10% of stock is MFF now.

But I don't think they are made of lesser quality, correct??? And they aren't identified (marked inside the bag as outlet) as such. I would use the word "exclusive" to outlet, not outlet for made??? Would you agree?

Just my personal opinion, but some of them are definitely lesser quality. It's obvious in the details...the different logos, etc.

Just my personal opinion, but some of them are definitely lesser quality. It's obvious in the details...the different logos, etc.

Ok... Now that I think of it , I can agree. They have some that they (outlet) call Logo Lock with bright white stitching that look sort of cheap in my opinion but I thought maybe that it was a different type of leather.

I guess I haven't looked closely enough at them. For me it's hard to tell because the exact same bag doesn't exist in retail. I just assumed the design was a factory exclusive. You could be right though.

That used to be the case, but no longer. There definitely are some MFF bags at the outlets now. Not as saturated as Coach outlets but as MaryBel said, probably 10% of stock is MFF now.

Hmmm, I did not know that.

So, what's Sue Clifton going on about. I thought she claims ALL Dooneys are created equal--so to speak.

I think they have different levels of quality for the MFF bags, some of them almost as nice as FP (just minor a few details, for example, printed leather dooney logo instead of a metal one). We've seen these kind of bags also at the 12 Days of Dooney sale. There are other that look less quality, for example the current saffiano ones. I don't know what it is but they don't look like an expensive bag, and it's weird but the leather looks just like the one coach used for the saffiano and mini tanner totes last year but they don't look as nice as the coach ones, maybe the stitching or the hardware. And then there are others that look less nice and of less quality.