Tell me about the Balenciaga Bowling Bags from 2006

I really love the mini bowler and would love to have one. But I've also been considering the regular bowler. Truth is I think I like the proportions of the mini better. Anybody have any opinions? The Bowler seems kinda tall and I wonder if it would look silly on my because I'm kinda short (5'5")? What do you all think?

I have a Truffle Mini-Bowling and it fits just enough and is not too long and I love the shape. When I decided to sneak an overnight trip up to Boston to see my boyfriend last summer, my MB was my only carry-on. It fit everything I needed to stay one night.

i like them too! from the pics i've seen, they seem really practical, however, i have yet to try one on in person. they seem like they fit more than a first would and maybe even easier to carry around.

While the mini is too small for me (I'm a big bag gal :shame:smile:, I LOVE the Bowling! Which would have already been mine if not for the too-veiny leather on the only piece left in the store... :crybaby:

I think you should def give it a try!

I love my mini! I use it so much. It's a great every day bag. It fits a lot without looking like it does. The bowling is a little bit taller. i think it still looks good.

i was recently considering adding bowlers to my small collection. i think the mini is good enough, cos i'm petite and less digging deep for content is always better if i have a choice :lol: i think you should be able to take the regular one! AR still stocks some bowlers and whistles but the prices are retail if you buy online. it's v expensive for a very casual bag, though. i read that the hawaii store has some going for a song! too bad i can't be there irl to enjoy the good deals.

what colour are you eyeing? :smile:

Are they still made or was that style discontinued? Can you fit it comfortably on your shoulder?
Were the Blueberry color made of soft leather, or does it just depend on the bag? Does anyone remember what the retail price was? Thanks!

below info provided by AR. check the reference library threads further for comparisons of handle drops between the different styles.

Mini Bowling $1075
(h)11.5in x (w)12in x (d)3.5in / Handel Length 16.75in
(h) 29 cm x (w) 30.5 cm x (d) 9 cm / Handle Length: 42.5 cm
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
Regular Bowling $1185
[/FONT](h)13.5in x (w)12in x (d)4in / Handle Length 16.75in
(h) 34 cm x (w) 30.5 cm x (d) 10 cm / Handle Length: 42.5 cm

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/the-bowling-league-142668.html

measurements i took personally sometime back:
city
handle drop: 4 inches. length of handles: 10.5 inches.

work
handle drop: 5 inches. handle length: 13 inches.