tell me about Hermes

Jan 7, 2009
I would love to own a kelly but dont know if i can last maybe a year saving for one
please hemes lovers tell me what makes you love them sooo :heart:
have been tying to learn from these sites but there are so many things to learn

One word...

Timeless.

They will always be made, they will always look fashionable. They will outlast almost anything else you purchase as a fashion piece.

When you think about what you spend money on, the fact that a Kelly can spend the rest of your life with you makes it a worthwhile thing to save for.

:yes: A Kelly is such a great value for the money. Even though it costs a lot, you can carry it forever. And it will always be in style and will hold up to years of wear. I wanted a Kelly for the longest time and ended up buying other bags intead because the price tag of the Kelly was just so much! But I easily spent the price of a Kelly on other stuff. It just didn't seem like such a sticker shock because it was in smaller chunks of money spread out over time, kwim? Long story short I found a vintage Kelly at a good price and I am so happy! :cloud9: I really haven't had the urge to buy that I used to. (OK, except for the urge to find another vintage Kelly someday! ;))

Glad you found you kelly, I think maybe i should try and find a pre-loved one too but find most sellers seem to be from the states and that means possible custom charges?, does anyone know of uk sellers

I would love to own a kelly but dont know if i can last maybe a year saving for one
please hemes lovers tell me what makes you love them sooo :heart:
have been tying to learn from these sites but there are so many things to learn

I have always adored Hermes Kellys from when I was a child, there is no other handbag to me. I just love everything about them and properly cared for, the bag can last a lifetime and beyond.

The are classic & timeless.You can be dressed up or dressed casual & they always complete your look.It compliments all shapes & sizes in everyway.Now thats a lifetime investment that can be carried on to the next generation.

i think fleursetcarlines (UK seller) has one on ebay.. its a beautiful 35 kelly! I have a kelly too and i love it! and Hermes has cured my obsession for other brandnames. you won't regret buying your future H bags as they are really really timeless and elegant.:yes:

I overheard a woman looking at bags on the sale table at Saks a few months ago: she said she wanted the YSL structured bag in patent leather because it's looks like the Kelly. I wanted to tell her, honey, save your money for the real thing! Even on sale the YSL was expensive! Compared to other similar bags (Ferragamo the exception maybe), the Kelly has much more elegant lines and has a heftiness that makes it seem so much more sturdy and well built than other bags. I can honestly say that after I got my Kelly I actually entertained the thought of not getting anymore bags period...I was that happy with it. HA. I should've amended that to no more NON-H bags period. A few weeks later I was pondering what color birkin I would like to have while walking past the MiuMiu and Bottega displays that I used to love.

Its true...i dont even glance at other bags. Not everyone is the same, there are certainly ladies who continue to buy other brands. But for me, nothing is like Hermes, and since I am not very fashion-forward or current (LOL, more retro than anything), I am happy to rub and sniff and carry my Hermes colleciton exclusively.

Thank you for everyones help great advice :heart:
I will save for that kelly she is waiting for me , and in the meantime i can learn from all the wonderfull ladys posts here about colours,styles and names as right now its a bit confusing :love:

Pictures speak 1000 words:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/the-ultimate-favourite-tpf-look-of-the-decade-354805-17.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

:heart:

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 157
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 151
  • attachment-4.jpg
    attachment-4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 78
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 70
  • reneezelwegger2.jpg
    reneezelwegger2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 67
Thank you for everyones help great advice :heart:
I will save for that kelly she is waiting for me , and in the meantime i can learn from all the wonderfull ladys posts here about colours,styles and names as right now its a bit confusing :love:

Take your time to learn and appreciate the Kelly. It'll make it so much more special when you get your HG.:yahoo: