Tell me about Enamels.. How do you know

Ghost55

Aug 28, 2006
what year they were produced? Do they reissue? How much they were when they first came out?

I have decided to venture into the enamels and this could be bad..:nuts:
TIA for all of your wise wisdom and words :lol:

Oh boy - it's a very slippery slope those H enamels!!!!
I am hooked - VERY hooked.
I do know that they have used a scarf design for enamels before. There is one coming out soon. As I understand it, there is no indication of the year of production on the bangles.
One of my major H addictions! :smile:

Ghost, I'm assuming you're referring to the enamel bracelets? If so, I believe they are date stamped like bags on the inner rim with a tiny letter corresponding to the year--I'm not sure if older bracelets have this or when they began stamping--probably in recent years.

Some have the tiny date stamps like Orchid talked about, right above the Hermes logo. It's inconsistent, though -- I'm not sure if even the current ones have it.

There are many designs issued to correspond with scarf designs. I have my eye on several that match the Astrologie scarf. Sometimes they issue a bracelet to go with the "theme" of the year's scarf production. I have one from the "year of Music", but sorry I don't have a photo.

Thanks gals~ I am going to be like the police when I am in the mothership. I am going to ask all sorts of questions about the enamel bracelets. If you guys have any other questions about them post them here and I will make a list:okay:.

I have just purchased my first one and I can't wait for her to arrive:yahoo:

Well, pulling from my collection of 'one' lonely bracelet, which is a bunch of birds, it has a z ( Z= bag 1996) next to Made in Austria and I know I bought it close to the same time I bought the L'intrus scarf (bunch of birds) which I think came out in 1996. So maybe by the made in Austria is a mark?:confused1:

Well, pulling from my collection of 'one' lonely bracelet, which is a bunch of birds, it has a z ( Z= bag 1996) next to Made in Austria and I know I bought it close to the same time I bought the L'intrus scarf (bunch of birds) which I think came out in 1996. So maybe by the made in Austria is a mark?:confused1:

Yes, that is where the letter to which I'm referring is.

Thank you orchids and Encore~ we need to start a list.
If you have an enamel, post the picture, name and year.
Once we get enough we can start a reference thread:flowers:

I am so excited!

Interesting. The one I have is like a little "dimple" in the metal edge, right next to the Hermes on the inside. I think it's a ilttle R in a circle. They must have marked different ways in different ways.