Tell me a Love Story!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. How did you get your first love? If you bought it for yourself, what made you decide to take the plunge? Was it a piece you always wanted or just you were browsing and bought it?
    For those of you who had them awhile, are you shocked by the price increase?
    I remember when I was a broke grad student, an elderly lady would come in to my job with one she had for years and of course i drooled over it. One day she says "honey, you should just go get yourself one" lol, I don't think she realized how much the price was then :P

periogirl28 likes this.
  2. I bought a JUC whilst on holiday in Europe. Then loved it so much I decided to add to it with a love two months later! Now just to think of what comes next...

Ilovetandco likes this.
  3. I wanted the love bracelet for a long time. I was pregnant with my second son last year following two very difficult miscarriages. It was a very anxious time and my husband who was planning on getting me the bracelet later in the year had my then 4 year old son get it for me for Valentine’s Day. He surprised me with it in the morning before leaving for school. :heart: My son loves that I wear the bracelet 24/7 that he gave me.

4. I was given one on an anniversary by my DH. He got it at a good price while on a business trip and it came with everything. Gift wrap, wax seal, cleaning kit, the works. Because my job doesn't allow a bracelet on 24/7 he got me a RG cuff instead which fits me better than a size 15 LOVE. :heart:

marzipanchen and Ilovetandco like this.
  5. Great topic! I remember about 12 years ago at my daughter‘s kindergarten there was a grandmother who used to wear a love bracelet with four diamonds in yellow gold.

Being a jewelry lover, I used to always admire it from afar when I saw her for kids concerts etc.

Fast forward to 3 years ago I left my job of 20 years. As a leaving gift my boss bought me my first love bracelet in YG as a leaving gift!
    The second one I purchased because I have two daughters and I guess well because I love them so much and I’m greedy[emoji41]

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s story...

6. Aww, how sweet. I am so sorry for your losses

7. Wow, what an awesome boss!

8. Right? I like to hear the story behind the jewelry *almost* as much as the pieces themselves haha almost:P

9. NOT an awesome boss but he always paid well [emoji2]

Bronzi522 likes this.
  10. :sad: well at least there's that

miznina likes this.
  11. I was 19. I worked in a jean store in the mall all summer until I could afford to go downstairs and buy the bracelet.

Susimoo, marzipanchen and Ilovetandco like this.
  12. I love that story!

13. I decided to buy my love as a gift for myself after graduating from college with money I saved from an internship one summer. I wanted the bracelet since high school so when I finally bought it I was elated!

marzipanchen likes this.
  14. My first love was from DH for our 25th wedding anniversary. He bought me the yellow gold with 4 diamonds because we have 4 children. Dang....I feel like I worked hard for that bracelet...4 kids and a long marriage...:lol:

bobo17, periogirl28, miznina and 2 others like this.
  15. I have also admired the LOVE bracelet for a long time. Many many years ago, I always dreamed that one day the man in my life would buy one for me.

Fast forward many happy years with a wonderful man that unfortunately does not care much for jewelry let alone at such an extravagant price. So I have started to fulfill my small list of 'forever-pieces' myself one by one. I managed to acquire a few nice bags and the LOVE bracelet. Next on my list is the JUC.

While it would have been very romantic to receive the LOVE as a gift, I am also really proud that I can hold up my own and make my wishes come true one by one, without being dependent on anybody else.

graciemae, bobo17, Myke518 and 5 others like this.