teething... when does it really start?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ds is 3 months today, and about a week ago he started chewing me up... as a matter of fact- i m typink right now with one hand and ds is sitting on my lap and bitting my thumb :nuts:... does that mean he's teething? i know i should remember this since he's not my 1st, but i dont. when does the actual teething really start? should i expect to see teeth real soon?

2. yes...babies can be teething as soon as they are out of the womb it seems...my youngest son had 4 teeth by the time he was 4 mths old. so he was chewing and drooling pretty quickly after being born.

mack was slower on teething, she really started drooling and chewing when she was about 3 mths. she has 5 teeth through so far and more on the way.

3. #3 Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    My oldest son was very late getting teeth. He's 23 months and only has 12. My lil 4 month old is gnawing away on his hands already. It's genetics. My mom says I was avg at around 4-6 mos whereas DH was late getting teeth.

4. my dd first tooth appeared at 5 months

5. my twin boys started teething & drooling at the same time, around 3 months. one twin got his teeth in at 4 months (bottom) and 6 months (top). the other twin has nothing yet. they are 6.5 months now.

6. DS started chomping on anything he could get in his mouth (more DH's fingers than mine - I think because mine are bonier!) at around 3 months. He also became a drool bucket about the same time. He's 5 1/2 months now and we're still waiting on teeth...

7. Gosh, I almost wanted to start a thread titled, Teething.....when does it end???? My son started teething at around 3-4 months, but didn't get a tooth until 7 months. He periodically has some bouts of teething at 16 months when he is ohhh so cranky and wakes up during the night:sad:

8. My son started teething around 4-5 months. I think the first tooth finally popped around 5 months.

9. DS starting drooling at around 2 months. He bit on everything. First tooth popped up around 5.5 months. Now he is 9 months and has 4 (2 bottom, 2 top) and still drools from time to time.

It'll take a while for first tooth to pop up, maybe a couple more months. Not all babies drool when they teeth. Drooling indicates teething is a myth according to DS's paeditrician.

10. neither of my kids drooled or chewed on stuff. they also never showed discomfort, teeth just appeared. i can't recall when they all popped out. but i think it was a bit later than average.

i'd recommend a trip to the pediatric dentist around 1 yr old, regardless of how many teeth.

11. i think my son started teething at 3 months and his first tooth popped through at 5 months... we're working on our 1 year molars now and i just can't wait for this teething business to be over!

12. Kam had 4 teeth at 4 months also. I know another little guy that is about her age and didn't start teething til about 11 months. You just never know.

13. just curious- how does drooling correlate to teething? B/c dd has started drooling since about 10 weeks old... she's not even 3 mos yet but i know she's already figured out how to bite*ouch*