Teen Mom's [16 & Pregnant]

^yup it just goes to show that just because you have money, your life may still not be perfect and money can't solve everything. On the flip side, it also shows that the poorer girls aren't just a stereotype for getting pregnant young. Maybe i'm wording this really wrong as i don't want to sound offensive. Basically it can happen to anyone no matter who they may be or have. Sad thing is, these are real people who had dreams and goals. I just hope they can overcome obstacles and make it happen.

I'm watching it right now and something is bugging me. Didn't Catelyn have a retainer last time and now they are showing her with braces? Anybody noticing this?

I wonder if Farrah has any contact with Sophia's father. Just seems as if he is off the hook scott-free.
Actually, in that aspect, her situation is much more "typical."

It is a culture very much still tied to the "biology is destiny" dictum, on any and all rungs of the economic ladder, as well as age ranges.

While recent years have seen some very visible "campaigns" on the subject, participation and life impact on babydaddies remains essentially optional.

Single moms tend to have pretty full plates, and unless he is a very wealthy and high profile one, the time, energy and money needed to chase a babydaddy down to "make a statement" isn't always going to be a good fit for someone who has the actual responsibility of providing and caring for another human being!

I thought about that Shimma. I have two friends...sisters...they are much older than these girls. After the initial visits and subsequent fights with the fathers, the men *poof* disappeared into thin air. Just a damned shame...A child starts out with the odds stacked against them.

So sad to see how irresonsible Catelyn and the bf were....You've had to give up one baby, and yet you STILL have UNprotected sex...

The one with the baby Leah, they are very immature.

i think maci made the right decision to leave ryan. hopefully he'll change although it's unlikely. bentley does need his daddy, but maci looks like the most loving, responsible mother on the show.

it was so sad to see amber cry and admit to screwing up her life by having a baby. hopefully she'll get her GED and things will work out for her. baby leah is too cute!

even though it may be harsh, i think farrah's mom and sister are totally right about farrah not spending enough time with sophia and being "unmotherly." she's a mom, but would rather be a normal teen when in reality she is not a normal teen and that's something she needs to deal with and put her baby first.

i know catelynn and tyler are having a hard time coping with giving up their daughter for adoption, but i don't think they should get so upset about not knowing her last name. the fact is they gave her up so why try to be so involved? carly is with the family they chose and she's being loved and cared for in ways catelynn and tyler would not be able to provide. they need to accept the fact that she is someone else's daughter now too instead of doing all these things like getting tattoos and writing such emotional letters to carly.

Does anyone know what kind of purse Macie's friend has in the "How many chances" episode last night, Tuesday Decemeber 15? It was when they went looking for Macie's dress. The girl with the brown hair and the brown purse. Pleasee helpp me :smile:

I wonder if Farrah has any contact with Sophia's father. Just seems as if he is off the hook scott-free.

I actually heard that he passed away, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Farrah is totally being irresponsible, but I think it is hard because she just doesn't have the maturity to see where her priorities lie.

The other thing I meant to mention....When Farrah put baby Sophia at the edge of the stairs!!! to wipe up the milk spit up, I was like, Ahhhhh!!!!

Kind of like when she left her in the sink and on the bed by herself.

Farrah is a basketcase. She was also the one in the original program who was changing the baby or for some reason put her on the dining table and turned/walked away. Her grandfather had enough sense to say, "You're not going to be able to do that...". She just doesn't realize how her former life has been compromised by motherhood.

I was a teen mother and just watched the episodes today. This show is half and half. It kind of does sugar coat how it is.. but then it's kind of real too... just like ALL reality shows. They need a raw/uncut show of how it REALLY is to be a teen mom.

It seems like Farrah's child's father died in a car crash:
http://starcasm.net/archives/27125

Damn. I at least hope she has some answers for her child when the time comes because you would think she impregnated herself going by the show.

But, maybe if she even planned to allow him in their lives, she would have his family as sitters so that she could go out and meet more guys [/sarcasm].

ChicBoPeep: Thanks for posting the link

Very sad though. I wonder if he ever got to meet the baby or was Farrah still pregnant when it happened? Or how does his family feel about the baby? I mean their son still lives on through his child.

Does anybody know when all the babies were born? All i know is Catelynn's baby was born May 5th, 2009. Or was it 18....i'm tryiing to remember the tattoo. Speaking of Catelynn, i'm having really mixed feelings about her and Tyler and they choice to put the baby up for adoption. I have a feeling through these episodes they are going to really struggle with the reality of their choice especially when they realize they just can't walk into that baby's life whenever they want. By giving up their parental rights, they need to respect certain boundaries as well. I don't doubt that baby will have a better life provided for her by sacrificing like they did but wow thats so hard at that age. They still consider themselves parents. There so many sides to this coin. An adopted child may say yeah this woman is my biological mother but the woman who raised me is really my mother.I really don't know! I'm not adopted nor i've never had a child or adopted one. Catelyn & Tyler gave up their rights as a parent. They can't expect to drop into the baby's life when they feel like it. I just don't think it works that way unfortunatly. The adoptive parents have rights too but they need to be so appreciative of the gift this young couple blessed them with. I just hope they do have trust with each other & do raise that baby knowing she has another set of parents and let them be involved in her life. I just think it will be a sad day if Catelyn or Tyler ever personally realize that they regret their choice. Hopefully they have faith in themselves to know they did the best thing they could ever do for their daughter and not have to raise her in that hell hole of a home with those parents of theirs. Tyler's dad scares me! Also, i was wondering and i hope this doesn't sound in bad taste, but did Catelyn and Tyler get paid for the adoption? Or did they agency? How does it work? I know it can cost over $30,000 to adopt a child. I'm just curious!

Last edited: