Teddi Joelle Reveal/Review

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
Just got my Albany Tote from Teddi Joelle's Italian Collaboration (Italy X Teddi Jollle) collection. Since I don't see other posts about this brand, I thought I'd do a full review of the bag.

The leather is really smooth, and decently thick (I doubt it's full thickness, but that means it's also lighter weight). It's stiff, and I'm curious how the leather will soften over time. The leather seems like what I'd expect at this price point, not at all disappointed.

His bags are made in Spokane, WA in the USA, but this collection was made in Italy, by Italian craftsman. The blog post says this takes the craftsmanship to an entirely new level. I'm really impressed with the craftsmanship, but that is for this collection, and I don't know about his other bags made in Spokane since even he admits this collection is a different level. It has an inside pocket, stamped with Made In Italy, since this is the Italian Collaboration. I pulled the inside pocket out to show it's size, and the Made in Italy stamp. The magnetic closure at the top is nice and strong.

I wanted a bag that was high enough quality to be good for work, but not at a Premier brand level - as it's for use over this winter, and will be out in bad weather (for extremely short periods of time, but still not willing to risk my Premier bags). And I wanted it big enough to be able to carry my essentials, plus gloves and a scarf or maybe some other small items. I also wanted it minimalist and no hardware, so that I could truly wear it with anything. I also wanted it 'anonymous' - so not MK, Coach, RM, etc and very discreet branding. Nothing against those brands, as I own bags from all three, just wanted something different. This bag definitely fit those requirements.

It passed the Feline Inspection, as all new items entering the apartment are required to. For the mod shots, please keep in mind I'm 4'11". I can fit it as a cross body, but not real comfortably (that may change as the leather softens), but definitely not going to fit crossbody over a winter coat. Please forgive the extremely casual clothes. I did a close shot to show how precise and even the stitches are, and how sharp the heat stamp of his name is. Again, excellent craftsmanship.

What he has left from this collection is on sale for 50% off...

20201026_170928~2.jpg20201026_170733~2.jpg20201026_170420~2.jpg20201026_170507~2.jpg20201026_172509~2.jpg20201026_172053~2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few of these bags too. I have the Market tote, classic crossbody, and the mini Essentials tote. I agree with you about the leather and craftsmanship. I was thing about the bag you got but wasn’t sure about the strap length since it’s not adjustable. I’m 5’2.5” so it will hit me about the same as you. How comfortable is it as a shoulder bag? Does the strap stay on your shoulders well? Thank you for the pics.

Reactions: JenJBS
@JenJBS what is the strap length of this beautiful tote?

Also: It's a "her", and she's preparing to have a baby, it was very interesting reading about how her and her husband's end of the year is going to be amazing!

What a great brand - in my favorite state, too! And wow, what a great time to snatch up a backpack at 50% off, made in Italy! Can't decide if I want the black or the natural!

I have a few of these bags too. I have the Market tote, classic crossbody, and the mini Essentials tote. I agree with you about the leather and craftsmanship. I was thing about the bag you got but wasn’t sure about the strap length since it’s not adjustable. I’m 5’2.5” so it will hit me about the same as you. How comfortable is it as a shoulder bag? Does the strap stay on your shoulders well? Thank you for the pics.

Glad to hear you like your TJ bags. This evening I'll put some items in the bag to give it nirmal weight, and carry it around the apartment a bit, so I can give an answer on comfort and how well it stays on the shoulder. You're welcome for the pics.

Also: It's a "her", and she's preparing to have a baby, it was very interesting reading about how her and her husband's end of the year is going to be amazing!

What a great brand - in my favorite state, too! And wow, what a great time to snatch up a backpack at 50% off, made in Italy! Can't decide if I want the black or the natural!

I'll measure the strap this evening when I get home, and let you know.

Thanks for the info about Teddi. Good luck choosing between black and natural.

Reactions: indiaink

It stays on my shoulder well, and isn't uncomfortable.

32 and 1/2 inch strap.

• Love
JenJBS- I received my Albany tote in olive today. I love it! It’s great as a shoulder bag. Your mod shots and photos helped me decide. I had been looking at it for awhile and seeing it on you was so helpful. The leather is great and it was on sale.

• Love
JenJBS- I received my Albany tote in olive today. I love it! It’s great as a shoulder bag. Your mod shots and photos helped me decide. I had been looking at it for awhile and seeing it on you was so helpful. The leather is great and it was on sale.

Congratulations on your new bag! :yahoo: So glad you're happy with it! :drinks: I'd considered the beautiful olive color! :loveeyes:

Could you post a photo or two - I can’t figure out the color on their web site, maybe you could do something in natural light? I’ve always liked ‘olive’, but I can’t tell what this is ... LOL. TIA.

Could you post a photo or two - I can’t figure out the color on their web site, maybe you could do something in natural light? I’ve always liked ‘olive’, but I can’t tell what this is ... LOL. TIA.
I love their olive color. Its deep, rich, and neutral. It is a nice neutral alternative to black or brown. I think its a color that goes with everything. Their saddle color is great too-not too orangey or dull but a rich brown.
Here's the olive in natural light.
20201031_131704.jpg20201031_131718.jpg20201031_131749.jpg