Teal Julianne for going to class?

CrystalDreams

Mar 12, 2008
I am soo excited- I just won a Teal Julianne off *bay!! It was a bit of an impulse purhase though. I had been intending to buy a bag which I could use on campus and go to class every day with, so I HAD been looking at the zoe in brown or black leather... but happened across this auction and ended up winning it! In hindsight, teal probably wasn't the best colour choice (will it be difficult to wear every day?), but all my other bags are in neutrals like white or cream or black or tan that I wanted something a little different!

So here's my question: I've read that a lot of people have mentioned wanting to use the Julianne for class, but does anyone actually do this? How does she hold up? Can she fit everything?

Teal will scratch up more easily than the darker colours too, won't it...? I saw a girl carrying a magenta julianne on the street a few weeks back and it was SO scratched up that I just stood there and gaped at it! She was scuffed all over, with some massively deep scratches here and there... it was awful >.<

I'm really hoping that that won't happen with teal, since I do intend to use it every day...

I do have apple though, so at least I can try to condition them out!

It depends on how you take care of your bag. It almost sounds like that girl threw her Julianne around like an easily replaceable $20 bag, but I don't do that.

I think the teal is a great color, especially if you wear neutrals a lot. I always have books in mine, and it holds up well and still looks great. It sounds like you plan on conditioning and taking care of your bag anyway, so I don't think you'll be walking around with a Julianne that looks like it lost a fight with the concrete :boxing:

Thank you! I am soo looking forward to getting her (too bad she won't be here for about 2 weeks...)! I was almost scared to use my sabrina after I saw that magenta julianne- it looked really bad... really like it'd been dragged around (maybe attacked by enthusiastic dogs jumping up on people) and bashed into things! :wtf:

My black sabrina has shown no issues though (other than tarnishing on the logo) so I really hope the leather will hold up as well on Julianne!

a friend of mine uses the large leather julianne in brass/black as a booktote.
it fits a macbook and a notepad, which are the only essentials i would need. :]
it weights the bag a bit, but it appears as if it holds fine. might be a little hard on the shoulder though.
i think it will be a great investment for you in terms of style on the streets and on campus.

Thank you so much for the advice everyone!! :smile: It's really greatly appreciated :biggrin:

I don't even intend to bring my laptop around with me, though it's nice to know that she should fit if I ever need to do so. All I really wanted to put in it was a folder, pencil case, make up bag, bottle of water, wallet, phone and probably some tissues or baby wipes or something. I suppose I could even put my lab coat (which already lives in a ziplock bag!) into another ziplock bag and pop it in there... though I do tend to carry that separately!

I have asked the seller if I could upgrade to priority mail so that I can get her more quickly, since I start class tomorrow and have no bag to take with me (!!) but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Will definately let you all know how it goes once she arrives!! :smile:

Last edited:
It is definitely a great bag for school. She is roomy, has the top zip, and the leather is pretty sturdy. I recently used my espresso Julianne on a trip cross-country and she held up like a champ. I condition mine regularly and even tho I use her quite a bit, she does not look beat up at all. That person whose bag was that messed up should be arrested by the bag police---there is no way her Julianne should have been that way.

Congrats and I think the teal is an excellent color :tup:

I have a Teal Sabrina and the leather it is definitely more susceptible to scratches than my black leather sabrina, but it will be fine just as long as you don't throw it around and treat it badly. I am sure you won't, and that sounds like what the girl you saw must have done. I didn't Apple mine, and it has some minor scratches (mainly on both sides of the zipper from pulling my keys out of the bag, etc) but nothing too noticeable. I think it will be great bag for class.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!
She arrived two days ago in the mail, and today was the first time that I had taken her to class with me :smile:

Here she is!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480
ry%3D480