Tea Rose Clutch in Chalk REVEAL & comments

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
I am SSSSSOOOO impressed with Coach lately! I needed a new neutral small bag for just running around and nights out, and thought the Tea Rose Clutch would be great because it can be used three ways as a clutch, wristlet and crossbody. Plus it's "prettier" than the rest of my bags that are fairly plain and simple. So I ordered the Chalk on Sunday (treat to myself for Mom's Day) via phone order with the Burrard Street store in Vancouver, and it arrived Tuesday morning! Amazing service from the folks there - more on that later....

I won't bother with unpacking pics...here she is:

IMG_1939.JPG

NOTE to Canadian Coach lovers: Maybe everyone knows this and I'm just late to be informed, but it was SO much better to order on the phone from a Canadian store rather than online. The cost of the clutch is listed on Coach.com as $295 US, which translates to $417 Cdn given current exchange rates, plus the $15 US shipping rate. But at the Vancouver store it was only $340 Cdn and $10 Cdn shipping. Plus the gift and fast service!

Last comment: This is my first Coach 1941 piece and it won't be my last! The leather and craftsmanship is stunning!

My everyday (and I mean EVERY day!) bag for the past 1.5 years has been the Nomad and it's still holding up great. Though I've been thinking I'd like something new for a change and was considering an LV Speedy. Now I'm convinced I'm going to wait until the Fall 1941 collection comes out...LOVE the doctor's bags. Why would I pay over $2000 Cdn for coated canvas when Coach is making such great products under $1000?!?! Even my husband said looking at the clutch "This is way nicer than those plasticy looking brown print bags everyone carries!"

Such a pretty clutch! Congrats on your new beauty! Enjoy her in good health!
Lol at your hubby's comment. (But then again, that's exactly how I feel about that brand's coated canvas. [emoji38])

Thanks for sharing all those pics. I never get tired of looking at it. [emoji7]

Reactions: foxgal
I'm jealous of the gift *and* the clutch! Not a fan of the Tea Rose motif personally, so I'd probably get a non-adorned one. My big concern with these and the Nolita series is overstuffing them -- I feel like that might ruin the leather or somesuch?

Reactions: foxgal
I'm jealous of the gift *and* the clutch! Not a fan of the Tea Rose motif personally, so I'd probably get a non-adorned one. My big concern with these and the Nolita series is overstuffing them -- I feel like that might ruin the leather or somesuch?

The non-adorned ones are very pretty too and I love some of the colors. We'll see how it holds up to use...I guess if anything too thick is in it for too long it might leave bend marks. But the thickest thing I'll probably ever put in it is a tube of lipstick. Will keep tPF posted!

Reactions: carterazo
It's beautiful! If I may ask, how wide do you think each compartment could stretch and still be able to close the clutch? I'm wondering if a pair of glasses could fit, but I think it would probably be too wide since there are 2 separate sections.