Tea made from Goji Berries -- and other uses of the Goji Berry

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just went to an Asian market today and bought a big package of dried Goji berries and I'm so excited! I plan to use them to make tea, and then once the tea has steeped, you can eat them!

Does anyone else do anything with dried Goji berries you can share here? Or tips for the tea? Thanks! :smile:

2. Curious to hear how the tea tastes. My favorite way to eat Goji berries is covered in dark chocolate-- Himalania brand. :heart:

3. I recently read to mix 1/4 cup of the dried berries with 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup walnuts for a nourishing trail mix. Or for dessert, pour 1/4 cup boiling water into a bowl with 2 tbsp. dried berries; let sit 10 minutes. Drain, then spoon over 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt.

4. I put them in my oatmeal...but covering them in dark chocolate sounds better!!

5. Thanks for the tips! Trueshoelove, where do you purchase yours from? Are they hard and crunchy in your oatmeal before you put them in or more like soft raisins?

6. oh i had something like this before. it was pretty good :smile:

7. I'm chinese and we've been using consuming goji berries for many many generations.

Normally we throw a small handfull in soups (chinese soups) so you consume lots of it at a time.

8. Thanks, guccikat! Do you use them in tea? If so, what is the process you use and how many for one cup?

9. Ooh! My mom uses them in tea and soups. She eats a handful of them on a daily basis. I think she does it the same way you are planning to do; let them soak in the hot tea and then you can eat 'em when they are soft and plump. If you want them to plump up faster, you can put them in the kettle and have it boil away.

I've tried them a couple of times with tea before and although they aren't the yummiest tasting food, they do incredible things for your body. I always forget to eat them whenever I'm fixing a meal. On days where I don't feel like fixing tea, I just boil them and then throw it into oatmeal with some brown sugar, raisins, and peaches. Yum!

10. Sounds delicious, thanks Vegis!

11. I've actually never tried it in tea :P

Actually, i think because traditionally, we've always put it in soup that I never really thought about other ways of consuming it!

hehe.. sorry I'm not much help! but I think if u put it in tea, maybe u can do a handfull (20 berries or so?)and I would cover it with a lid for about 15mins or so.. that way the berries are soft enough to swallow without choking :biggrin:

12. I get mine at trader joes...they come in a pretty big bag. They're soft and chewy, but not as chewy as raisins :smile:

13. Thanks, guccikat!

Trueshoelove, I didn't know TJ's sold them!

14. I just throw them in whatever I am eating, usually oatmeal, salads or even quinoa. So good and such a beautiful burst of color.

15. sorry ladies I always have them at home (my mum always has them), but ive never tried them. Just wondering What/Are the benefits to goji berries?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice