Food Tea drinkers (Earl grey with clotted/Devon cream?)

schwinn3

O.G.
May 31, 2007
So, I'm such an anglophile that I went to a British food shoppe here in California and bought up a whole bunch of stuff that I wanted to try because it's popular in England (or maybe it just used to be?). Anywho, I bought some Twinings Earl Grey tea and clotted cream and Devon double cream (among other things, lol) and I was wondering if it's a normal thing to flavour your tea with clotted cream? I tried it with milk but it just doesn't taste that good to me, I usually try honey in my tea but this is the first time I've tried Earl Grey and would like to know what others use to flavour their tea. I know ultimately I'll find my own way to make my tea but I guess I'd just like to get some other ideas.

I personally do not like any additives in my teas. No milk, cream, sugar, lemon, or honey. I prefer its naturals flavors.

I've found that I'm generally alone in this preference >>;.

I personally do not like any additives in my teas. No milk, cream, sugar, lemon, or honey. I prefer its naturals flavors.

I've found that I'm generally alone in this preference >>;.
I am the same way with my Chinese tea-oolong, bao zhong etc, with boiling water and timed just right to appreciate it's natural aroma. But with Earl grey, I do like it with cream and a dash of sugar to tone down it's strong fragrance:P

So, I tried it with milk and a little vanilla and I think it would taste pretty good if only I had more vanilla! :sad: Apparently I only had about 1/4tsp. left, but it seemed like it would taste pretty good with more.

I think I'll experiment with a bunch of different ways of flavouring my tea and see if anything else comes out nicely.

I grew up drinking afternoon tea so I drink my Earl Grey with half and half and sugar. I try not to put too much sugar because I love the bergamot of the earl grey.

Clotted cream is used for scones, usually I put jam and clotted cream together. YUM!

I am the same way with my Chinese tea-oolong, bao zhong etc, with boiling water and timed just right to appreciate it's natural aroma. But with Earl grey, I do like it with cream and a dash of sugar to tone down it's strong fragrance:P

I love the smell of bergamot and when the tea is cooling off to a sippable temperature, I just inhale the aroma. Love it!

funny I consider myself kinda an angophile as well - maybe in a different life.... hahaha but this sounds so yummy!! Mmmm I want to go to a British food shop!

I grew up drinking afternoon tea so I drink my Earl Grey with half and half and sugar. I try not to put too much sugar because I love the bergamot of the earl grey.

Clotted cream is used for scones, usually I put jam and clotted cream together. YUM!

yes this is exactly how I love my Early Grey! And scones with clotted cream and preserves is :drool::drool:

Earl grey is traditionally drunk with a slice of lemon and not much else as the "perfume" of the tea is one of the best parts! Some people add a teaspoon of honey.

I like mine with a little cloud of milk, but I'm not a big fan of black tea unless it's chinese, japanese of fruit-flavoured tea.

It took me a long time to learn to enjoy a cuppa. Teas always smell so lovely and I couldn't understand why they just tasted like hot water LOL. After a while, though, you kinda learn to "smell" the tea while you're drinking it and it's really nice to have that clear, clean taste and feeling in your mouth.