Tax refund problem about hermes

nyyparis

Feb 13, 2009
I will go to paris on september,just would like to ask Girls who got tax refund in hermes paris a few questions.

DO hermes only refund tax on credit card? You cannot cash your tax refund in airport?
Any girl buy more than 1 birkin using same passport / credit card?
Do you buy other H item to allow sales let you buy 2 birkins.

Thank you so much for answering this question. it would a valuable information for all H lover.

i can only answer you on the tax refund part.

yes you can claim the refund at the airport but it will be handled by another company and they will deduct an amount. I opted for the tax refund via credit card. i shopped at fsh (Lindy 34) and got my refund a month after straight to my cc. i paid cash here. they asked for my cc for refund purposes. and here it is.... i was given a pink & green copy.

i bought another bag (Kelly 32) at H capri and i got my refund 1.5 months later. global refund handled the refund for H italy. i got a check for that even though i paid via cc there. they gave me a green copy only.

so when you get to the airport you go to the customs counter where they will verify that you will indeed bring the items out of the EU. bring the items with you.

so if you want t get your cash back asap you will then have to go to the cash refund booth.

hope this helped.

thanks but just curious any girls purchase 2 birkins in paris
because I have read so thread the computer systerm in FSH and George V are linked
they know what you purchase.

thanks for your help,look like Hermes deal all tax redund via credit card
off topic: your baby bunny is super cute. how old is it now?
i can only answer you on the tax refund part.

yes you can claim the refund at the airport but it will be handled by another company and they will deduct an amount. I opted for the tax refund via credit card. i shopped at fsh (Lindy 34) and got my refund a month after straight to my cc. i paid cash here. they asked for my cc for refund purposes. and here it is.... i was given a pink & green copy.

i bought another bag (Kelly 32) at H capri and i got my refund 1.5 months later. global refund handled the refund for H italy. i got a check for that even though i paid via cc there. they gave me a green copy only.

so when you get to the airport you go to the customs counter where they will verify that you will indeed bring the items out of the EU. bring the items with you.

so if you want t get your cash back asap you will then have to go to the cash refund booth.

hope this helped.

I will go to paris on september,just would like to ask Girls who got tax refund in hermes paris a few questions.

DO hermes only refund tax on credit card? You cannot cash your tax refund in airport?
Any girl buy more than 1 birkin using same passport / credit card?
Do you buy other H item to allow sales let you buy 2 birkins.

Thank you so much for answering this question. it would a valuable information for all H lover.

You can do your refund at the airport so long as you are leaving the eec for a non-eec destination, eg you are not continuing your travel to another eec destination, otherwise you have to do your refund when you are leaving the eec, within 3 months of purchase date. You should have the items with you to show the tax refund officials, and have your boarding pass with you too.

You can refund on to card or cash, but if you want cash, there is a box on the form that the boutique has to tick. Sometimes cash refund on high value items is difficult because refund office does not always have cash available unless the boutique calls them 24 hours in advance of your travel date and even then can be inefficient process, so usually better to refund to card.

You can do tax refund for all purchases valid for refund, no limit on how many birkins or anything like that, assuming boutique sells you more than one!

Hope this helps and happy shopping.

thank you for the detail explantion
You can do your refund at the airport so long as you are leaving the eec for a non-eec destination, eg you are not continuing your travel to another eec destination, otherwise you have to do your refund when you are leaving the eec, within 3 months of purchase date. You should have the items with you to show the tax refund officials, and have your boarding pass with you too.

You can refund on to card or cash, but if you want cash, there is a box on the form that the boutique has to tick. Sometimes cash refund on high value items is difficult because refund office does not always have cash available unless the boutique calls them 24 hours in advance of your travel date and even then can be inefficient process, so usually better to refund to card.

You can do tax refund for all purchases valid for refund, no limit on how many birkins or anything like that, assuming boutique sells you more than one!

Hope this helps and happy shopping.

I think for paris Hermes, you have to post your stamped tax refund forms. And it will take up to 5 weeks. Having said that, it's been 2 months, and I havent got my refund. Anyone knows how I can track this?

Hermes Paris processes their own refunds - they do not use a third party company like Global Refund or Premier like LV, Chanel etc do. That's why you can only claim 10% back, not 13% as is the case with LV and Chanel.

They only do refunds on credit cards, as evidenced by the receipt, which has no alternative for "cash" as the rest do.

I did not try buying a Birkin when I was there (and am still kicking myself for that!) but from what I have read here, unless they know you well, it's 1 Birkin per passport. Others have had their traveling companions refused a Birkin as well, simply because they were together at that time.

I think for paris Hermes, you have to post your stamped tax refund forms. And it will take up to 5 weeks. Having said that, it's been 2 months, and I havent got my refund. Anyone knows how I can track this?

Yup, this is true. You have to mail all the forms back to Hermes for them to process.

I'm not sure you can track the H refunds though. Mine took more than 2 months to arrive, but it did eventually arrive, so I hope yours will not take too long either! :smile:

i had three June 09 transactions from Paris FSH and George V in total. 2 of the refunds came back after 6 weeks and the third one is still missing in action (which is about 2 months now). they were all mailed at the same time in the same envelope in CDG airport.

so it is a bit odd how they process their refunds...

Hi J*adore, I've read from some websites that you will need to contact the boutique (Hermes), to check on this. They cld have been too busy during summer and have missed this out.

oh...i posted mine in Rome airport. So they do take more than 2 months for some? Don't mind waiting..just want to make sure I get back the tax. Silly me, i didn't keep the copy. So even if i call them, I have no ref to give them. :P

nyyparis, yes, you do have to get a stamp before you post. You have to show your goods...i had a really mean custom officer at rome. she gave me a really hard time. :sad: