Tax back in London vs Paris

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away seven more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know how much tax back you get on Hermes purchases in the UK?

I am trying ti figure out if buying in Paris vs London is better.

Thank you!

2. Check the global tax refund webpage

3. You get more tax refund in UK than France at Hermes. However, it still works out cheaper in France.

4. This is because a diference price in london compare to paris ?
    How much difference for the price in london compare to paris ? For example for a Birkin 30 in togo ?

5. I will do that but I thought it was up to the individual retailer as of how much tax they give back.

6. Could anyone chime in if they have recently purchased an H item and what percentage they were able to get back?

I think you get back 12% in France right?

7. 10% back in France.

8. +1

9. no, it's per country. the stores don't make/lose any money with the VAT, so why should they keep it for themselves?

10. I thought it was 12% because it says it online. What happened to the 2 %?

11. I also had 12% in mind :smile:

12. 10% in France, and around 17 or 18% in UK. (the more you spend in UK, the higher refund percentage). However, the retail price in UK is higher. To my experience, buying in France is still cheaper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice